Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Ha

Solving the problem is one thing but try finding the bloody things. Had a bit of a Google and been thru speedy wheels and the like but no joy. Might give the local dealer a bell in the morning and see if they can get them in.

Saw at least 6 listings on Gumtree. Depends on where you are.

Dealer will charge you 1 for the price of a second hand set.

Sydney - Newcastle

Only 265/65/17 on there
    Last edited by Cloud; 26-09-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Here are some rims with tyres, although the tyres would need to be checked if they are still within "date".
    WA - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/welsh...els/1124747450
    NSW - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/galst...-x4/1124731318
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Thanks for that, mate.

So, they are the 6.5" ? I didn't recognise that by the description.

Much appreciated.

Yes they are. The front face of the rim has a slightly different pattern to the GXL rim.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Thanks for your help pal - you're a legend. I'll have a look at those later this week.

Got the set last week

Axle stub intrudes a bit so will have to get a deep cap to accommodate. Those speedy ones rust as soon as you look at them. Just have to keep on top of it. Otherwise, just the job.

Post some pics

I need to change the van studs to match the Prado nuts thread and then I can use the Prado nuts. Either that, or just use some chrome Speedy ones. Looks like I'll have to use those chrome caps too as the stub axle intrudes too much to use the Prado caps. Constant maintenance to keep em from rusting though. Can't do much right now as I've buggered my shoulder for a couple of weeks. I guess I'm in for a bit more googling to find alloy nuts and caps.

IMG_0565.jpg
    Job done

I abandoned the idea of finding fancy chrome caps as I couldn't get any to fit and once I've given the stub-axle caps a spray of silver it'll look good as new. Might even go mad and give the whole hub a spray. Better than the crappy chrome things. They should be water tight anyway.

I was going to change the studs but opted to use Ford nuts to suit the existing studs and slid a couple of washers onto the collar of Ford nuts in lieu of the flange on the Prado nuts

Thanks everyone, esp amts for your advice and input. For the first time, I have interchangeable wheels. - albeit not perfectly matched but close enough to keep me going.
    Last edited by Cloud; 02-11-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Clarification

Hi guys, a bit like Cloud above I am trying to get Prado 120 GXL Wheels to fit my IRS Jayco. A guy in the eastern states has been a real help in showing me it can be done with exiting ALKO IRS Axle on the Camper. Clearance on bot sides of the tyre is very limited, so need to make sure its close.

Problem is, he is running 80 Series Sahara 16x8s, so the Offset has got me confused. I think the 80s run a 0 Offset. The 120 Prado GXL is 17x7.5s run POS30 I believe.

So, help me, will they fit? :P
    [2007 GXL 120 3.0L D4D Auto] Mods: Bilstein Shocks & King 2" Lift Springs - 265/70/17 Cooper AT/3s Tyres - ARB Deluxe bullbar - LED Spotlights & Worklights - Snorkel - BushSkinz bash plates - 2.2m Alloy Overlander Full Rack - 2.5m Wanderer Awning - GME TX3120S UHF & GME AE4703 6.6dBi - Milford Cargo Barrier - JVC indash DVD - Maxtrax - Pulling a heavily modified Jayco Dove Pop Top Camper

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast