Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    Yours sounds more like you may have spilt some fuel and it's coming from the overflow pipe. Which exits pretty well on the rear left mudflap.
    The pipe in this discussion is in front of the diff. Easy to see if you lay under the car. Just to the left of centreline. ( looking from rear).

I checked my 10 year old one on the hoist yesterday. All good still. Not brittle or hard. No cracks.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. Hopefully the pipe will be obvious. As far as spill goes and the overflow, the I initial smell was at fill up and the obs of the moistness or the flow was not at full tank but later. I'll have a look.

Blog Entries
    Was the moisture fuel? Or water?

If water gets into the splash tray it runs down the pipe near rear passenger mudguard. Wh. Rain etc.

I'm having the same issue with an 07 with 260k on the clock... Quoted $87 from local toyota. Wreckers all said they generally cut that pipe and that they wouldn't trust a second hand rubber hose anyway! Have temp fixed with rescue tape for now and just have to do 1000ks plus to drain the tanks as I dont have 180L of Jerry Cans available :-)

i drove mine for 5 weeks waiting for the part to come in
    just dont fill it right to the top
    2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

Out of control poster!
    Melb this minute elsewhere in OZ the next

No need to drain tanks to change this filler hose.
    Easy DIY job.
    Clean, dry then 2 clamps.

Same Issue 2004 V6 Grande. Wife driving car to pick up son from school, parked it, left engine running with A/C and son noticed strong fuel smell when getting in car. they looked underneath and noticed fuel leaking above rear Diff. I was not close by so she called RAC, diagnosed split hose and towed home. Car had not been refilled for over a week butt he return from the engine must return to the rear tank as i am sure it had switched to front tank before leak.
    ***If you have friends out there that own any 90/120 Series i would strongly suggest they have it changed sooner rather than later stuck somewhere. Also could potentially catch fire if left leaking for long enough***

Yep, found mine had a crack in the filler hose the other week. Only a problem when both tanks are full. It's one of those "I'll get to one day" jobs.
    04 GXL - Red Centa dual battery, Alloy B/bar, BFG AT's, Rhino Rack commercial bars x 3, GME TX3540, TJM roof cage, Outback Ideas recovery points, LHS rear drawer, 2" Dobinsons/Bilstein lift, ARB CKMA12 air compressor, CoilRite airbags, ARB 2.5m awning, MCC Dual Wheel Carrier, Eagle Eye headlights with 55w hid lo beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Yep, found mine had a crack in the filler hose the other week. Only a problem when both tanks are full. It's one of those "I'll get to one day" jobs.
    I've got some if you need it.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    I've got some if you need it.
    That would be awesome, I'll drop you an sms to organize. Much appreciated.
    04 GXL - Red Centa dual battery, Alloy B/bar, BFG AT's, Rhino Rack commercial bars x 3, GME TX3540, TJM roof cage, Outback Ideas recovery points, LHS rear drawer, 2" Dobinsons/Bilstein lift, ARB CKMA12 air compressor, CoilRite airbags, ARB 2.5m awning, MCC Dual Wheel Carrier, Eagle Eye headlights with 55w hid lo beam.

Another "me too!" Here. Around 200,000km, sprung a leak. Bought a new pipe for about $40 from Amayama.com, took about 5 minutes to pop it in. Not a job you should put off considering how easy it is to fix!

Lurker
    Same issue at 230,000 km on 2007 diesel 120. Easy to replace, cost $86 from Toyota in Brisbane. I asked if it was a common problem and was told they had sold 45 so far this year. Dont know if that was Toyota as a whole or just this dealer. Did it myself after being quoted $190 labour by another Toyota dealer.

Has anyone had the filler pipe going to the subtank crack? It doesn't have the corrugations in it but I was checking under mine today and that hose looked hard too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast