Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rear door lock problem fixed.

I had the same problem - occasional failure to lock the tailgate when the cargo blind was in use.

I took it in to Toyota who said it was a known (intermittent) problem. They had a 'fiddle' with it at the time and all was working, but said to bring it back if the problem persisted.

It did persist and Toyota did fix it ... by changing the lugs on the cargo blind.

Nearly a week (!) now and no further problems.

cheers
    Rrob

UPDATE

Had a 'failure to lock' again but now know what Toyota did. The rear blind lugs were 'chamfered' so that the rear most flap on the blind (the bit between the lugs and the rear door) can be tilted down about 45 degrees.

When tilted down, the door locks. If not tilted down, it mostly fails to lock.
    Last edited by Rrob; 17-11-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: More information

Lurker
    Here is the solution.
    20130116_124855.jpg

Kh lee. Did you get a new rear blind.

Lurker
    Yes, this is new.
    Last edited by KH Lee; 20-01-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: better wording
    2012 V6 Auto VX

anyone have any numbers for the cargo blind field fix ?? my local dealer spent 20 mins refusing to acknowledge it existed, then finally agreed that such a field recall existed, but would not tell me what would be done, wouldn't give me its official name, the date, its number, or read the field fix to me.

anyone else received a nwe blind under exchange/recall/warranty? just trying to get as much info as possible for this with the dealer.

double post, wont let me delete it
    Last edited by Vk3bq; 17-06-2013 at 03:01 PM.

after a lot of stuffing around at a local dealer (mulgrave) I now have my new rear cargo blind with the cut out at the lock location..

Hi Gents, I have this problem now and have removed the blind completely and still have the problem that the rear door doesn't lock. Any advice?

Regards George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12