Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 1187
  1. #13
    Senior Member QUICKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NEWCASTLE
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ120 View Post
    Those travelling with solo vehicles and off road camper trailers should be able to get the most out of the trip, those planning on bringing large caravans (yes I am thinking of you Quicky) will need to be flexible about how they transit in order to get the most out of the trip. We haven't worked through all the options yet but in the country we need to traverse, all tracks have significant sections of soft sand once you leave the bitumen.
    Although we will look for other options, one of our expected overnight camp sites can not be accessed by large caravans. Contact myself or another committee member if you want to discuss the caravan options.
    Ros said we will forgo the luxuries of the caravan for this trip and dig out the Oztent.But she will not give up all her luxuries,lets see,stretcher,shower under the bonnet,new Foxwing and see if I can find room for the new 50lt Waeco she bought at a charity auction recently so she can have a fridge and a freezer in the Prado.But I did spot a new camper trailer that I had not seen before,2 actually parked in the same street and not travelly together,in Taree.It was called an Innovan and is made in Qld and looks impresive on the web site

    Watch out you crow eaters thats another reserve in the NSW contingency to back up those canetoads that are about to invade your great lands
    I will start to plane our trip now we know the dates and may catch up with the SEQ crew on the way over
    Last edited by QUICKY; 28-11-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    04 GXL 3L TD Toyota Bullbar 2"TJM lift TJM OX hyd winch Blackwidow draws 40LT Engel dual batteries Mickey Thompson ATZ's Steinbauer P Box Airtek snorkel (colour coded)
    Its now gone sad to say but enjoying the replacement LC200 with a BIG list of bits to add.Lifted pre rego

  2. #14
    Out of control poster! MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    5,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 120D4D View Post
    Wow is the freaky or what - the advertising next to my post above is my exact model, from the same dealer....Big Brother IS watching me!
    In case it changes:
    \
    No mate its your vehicle, that's my dealer license number bwhahahahaha. 2012 will be a better year too when I can sell all those eastern sates vehicles!!!!
    Bitumen: A blatant waste of taxpayers money!
    My rig buildup Mundaring Power Lines Jan 01 You Tube Video Morgan Quarry

  3. #15
    Out of control poster! MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    5,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rumour has it the registration fee includes knitting needles for Mrs AJ's "speshul" classes "bushwelding and knit one pearl one. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!!! Attendees get to keep the resulting knitted jumper leads.
    Bitumen: A blatant waste of taxpayers money!
    My rig buildup Mundaring Power Lines Jan 01 You Tube Video Morgan Quarry

  4. #16
    Advanced Member REV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    \
    No mate its your vehicle, that's my dealer license number bwhahahahaha. 2012 will be a better year too when I can sell all those eastern sates vehicles!!!!

    I tell ya, the grounds gonna be shakin long before we get there & then you will be, if as many people come across from Qld & NSW, as have indicated so far!!!

  5. #17
    Avid PP Poster! iantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by QUICKY View Post
    Ros said we will forgo the luxuries of the caravan for this trip and dig out the Oztent.But she will not give up all her luxuries,lets see,stretcher,shower under the bonnet,new Foxwing and see if I can find room for the new 50lt Waeco she bought at a charity auction recently so she can have a fridge and a freezer in the Prado.But I did spot a new camper trailer that I had not seen before,2 actually parked in the same street and not travelly together,in Taree.It was called an Innovan and is made in Qld and looks impresive on the web site

    Watch out you crow eaters thats another reserve in the NSW contingency to back up those canetoads that are about to invade your great lands
    I will start to plane our trip now we know the dates and may catch up with the SEQ crew on the way over
    Quicky - if the Mrs is adamant that she needs some luxuries, then you could always hire a camper for the trip? That shouldn't pose too many Probs. Word is though that you shouldn't take MLCs advice when it comes to towing through soft sand...
    Diesel Prado with various things...

  6. #18
    Addicted PP Member ntp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Now NSW
    Posts
    4,455
    Just can't wait... Even the kids are asking when the next PPGTG is.
    ntp
    Love the Outback............. Love my Prado.
    My Prado, My Extras
    4wdriving First Party - dןǝɥ ɹoɟ ןןɐɔ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

  7. #19

    ALERT! ALERT! Man Down!

    In a pathetic attempt to avoid domestic duties (which to be perfectly frank are practically non-existent) the Big Kahuna has chopped a chunk out of the top of his thumb. What's even worse is that he did it cutting up fruit cake with a butchers knife!! If that's not a man over-compensating for something I don't know what is (oops...did I say that out loud?):wink: KIDDING AJ!

    All is well though, recovery was swift - as soon as he had a lie-down to avoid the fainting spell that came over him

    You may wonder what all this has to do with the GTG?? Well, in a trip to the Vic High Country earlier this year he had an "incident" with a spare tyre that did send him into a faint and I had to do the rest of that days driving.

    So, be warned, if AJ stubs a toe getting to the loo one night - you run the risk of a group being led by ME (bwah ha ha ha). Better pack some cotton wool to wrap him in.
    I've got a 4WD and I'm not afraid to use it!!

  8. #20
    Out of control poster! MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    5,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    I tell ya, the grounds gonna be shakin long before we get there & then you will be, if as many people come across from Qld & NSW, as have indicated so far!!!
    I cannot wait to lead you eastern staters astray

    Mine will be the first group to depart each day and the last to arrive at said destinations. Ensure your insurances are paid up and wills given to executors. Give the kids and extra hug too bwhahahaha. Disclaimer. No children under the age of 18 will be permitted in the mlc group., afer all they have there lives in front of them and even if they make it, the ongoing therapy after will be costly.
    Bitumen: A blatant waste of taxpayers money!
    My rig buildup Mundaring Power Lines Jan 01 You Tube Video Morgan Quarry

  9. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Rumour has it the registration fee includes knitting needles for Mrs AJ's "speshul" classes "bushwelding and knit one pearl one. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!!! Attendees get to keep the resulting knitted jumper leads.
    I'm so gunna bring some knitting needles just for you! You'll be my most speshul student Eva!
    I've got a 4WD and I'm not afraid to use it!!

  10. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Ensure your insurances are paid up and wills given to executors.
    He only says that coz he's such a bad driver, you may actually die ;-)
    I've got a 4WD and I'm not afraid to use it!!

  11. #23
    Addicted PP Member ntp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Now NSW
    Posts
    4,455
    From outback to ocean... could've been worse... could've been from quilting to macrame.
    ntp
    Love the Outback............. Love my Prado.
    My Prado, My Extras
    4wdriving First Party - dןǝɥ ɹoɟ ןןɐɔ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

  12. #24
    Out of control poster! AJ120's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Going where no Prado has gone before.
    Posts
    7,355
    Quote Originally Posted by ntp View Post
    From outback to ocean... could've been worse... could've been from quilting to macrame.
    Trish is more of a "from folk art to scrap booking" kind of a girl.

    BTW she is also prone to exageration, rumours of my demise are greatly exagerated!

    Cheers Andrew
    So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

    MY PRADO AND DIY CAMPER TRAILER

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •