Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Hi Rob, the best thing you can do is fit one of LeighW's Voltage boosters and then you will not only be able to quickly charge your auxiliary battery properly but your cranking battery will be maintained in a higher state of charge as well.

Don't hold it against the auto elec for trying to sell you a DC/DC device, most of them have no idea how new alternators work, and have been brainwashed by all the deliberately misleading advertising used to sell DC/DC devices.

Quote Originally Posted by drivesafe View Post
    Hi Rob, the best thing you can do is fit one of LeighW's Voltage boosters and then you will not only be able to quickly charge your auxiliary battery properly but your cranking battery will be maintained in a higher state of charge as well.

Don't hold it against the auto elec for trying to sell you a DC/DC device, most of them have no idea how new alternators work, and have been brainwashed by all the deliberately misleading advertising used to sell DC/DC devices.
    Perfect! Thanks heaps for that info.
    You don't have a link for LeighW's Voltage Booster do you?
    <Rob>
    '93 HZJ80 - Turbo Intercooled, 35's, EFS 3" lift, Part-time 4WD, ARB Winch Bar, Winch, Raslarr Rear Bar, Raslarr Sliders/Scrub Bars **FOR SALE**
    '12 Prado GX - Turbo Diesel, Ironman barwork and winch

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8_87 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Was told by an auto elec that I needed a DC to DC charger because the alternator switches itself on and off or something so won't charge my 2nd battery properly? Is that true or is he trying to sell me a dc to dc charger...
    Or will one of the voltage boosters work for fine in mine? Build date May 2012 if that makes a difference
    Thanks
    I've got a late 2013 with dual batteries. There was no need to add a DC to DC charger in mine. I would suggest yours would be the same.
    Prado 150, ARB summit bar, Safari snorkel, ARB recovery point, custom valved Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks - Dobinsons springs - 2 inch lift, Dual batteries, ARB alu roof rack, Stedi LED fog lamps/headlight/DRL conversion - 42 inch light bar, LED 9 inch spotties, Kings awning, Kaon cargo barrier, Engel 40ltr fridge, Dunn and Watson alu fridge slide and cage, TJM recovery hitch. Next mods - Kaon alu rear door table, BFG AT KO2's, 110W solar panel

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8_87 View Post
    Perfect! Thanks heaps for that info.
    You don't have a link for LeighW's Voltage Booster do you?
    Hi and here is the contact for Alternator Voltage Booster Fuse

http://www.hkbelect.com/

Ok, I've been researching now. Thanks. Would the booster fuse be safe to use in my late 2013 150? its a 3.0ltr diesel but the update facelift (droop headlight) model.
    Prado 150, ARB summit bar, Safari snorkel, ARB recovery point, custom valved Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks - Dobinsons springs - 2 inch lift, Dual batteries, ARB alu roof rack, Stedi LED fog lamps/headlight/DRL conversion - 42 inch light bar, LED 9 inch spotties, Kings awning, Kaon cargo barrier, Engel 40ltr fridge, Dunn and Watson alu fridge slide and cage, TJM recovery hitch. Next mods - Kaon alu rear door table, BFG AT KO2's, 110W solar panel

HKB Electronics
    You can use a booster in all Prado's up to but not including the new 2.8ltr model.
    HKB Electronics, manufacturer of the Alternator Voltage Booster, Silver 2008 D4D,Lifted,Underbody protection, Alternator Voltage Booster, Tiger Z winch, Lightforce DL, Air Horns, Tanami Drawers, Drop down fridge slide, Outback cargo barriers, Rotronics dual Battery system, Polaris GPS, HF/UHF/VHF, Radio speaker combiner, Long ranger water tank, Diff breathers, Inverter, Snorkel and others

thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighW View Post
    You can use a booster in all Prado's up to but not including the new 2.8ltr model.
    Does it matter which brand? Some are cheaper than others. Are they not the same thing?

Thanks, just ordered!
    <Rob>
    '93 HZJ80 - Turbo Intercooled, 35's, EFS 3" lift, Part-time 4WD, ARB Winch Bar, Winch, Raslarr Rear Bar, Raslarr Sliders/Scrub Bars **FOR SALE**
    '12 Prado GX - Turbo Diesel, Ironman barwork and winch

HKB Electronics
    Depends on the level of protection your after.
    HKB Electronics, manufacturer of the Alternator Voltage Booster, Silver 2008 D4D,Lifted,Underbody protection, Alternator Voltage Booster, Tiger Z winch, Lightforce DL, Air Horns, Tanami Drawers, Drop down fridge slide, Outback cargo barriers, Rotronics dual Battery system, Polaris GPS, HF/UHF/VHF, Radio speaker combiner, Long ranger water tank, Diff breathers, Inverter, Snorkel and others

Quote Originally Posted by LeighW View Post
    What's the story with the 2.8?

Out of control poster! mjrandom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D4D View Post
    What's the story with the 2.8?
    In a galaxy far far away tightening emission rules were the reason for a whole new engine. While logic may have suggested modifying the existing engine or using an engine from a sister company those in the decision making process opted for a new design. Smaller capacity with different design and different turbocharger to achieve the same output as before but promising better emissions and driveability. They stuffed it royally.
    Bluestorm mafia and maybe one or two other vices.
    My 150: http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...-D4D-automatic

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast