Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Out of control poster! MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Functional Camera Bag

Having purchased a 60D with a 15-85 lens and probably going to acquire 1 or 2 more lens and a few filters, charger and odds and ends, does anyone have any recommendations based on experience for a good bag? Probably worth noting none of the expected lens will resemble any John Holmes appendage including arms, legs or anything bigger.

Basically want something that will be easy to put in the rig on trips and keep it all together. I may get a cover just for the camera with lens at some point too so it can come on small excursions without needing the full life support system.

mlc - potential avid happy snapper and undercover spy.
    Bitumen: A blatant waste of taxpayers money!
    My rig buildup Mundaring Power Lines Jan 01 You Tube Video Morgan Quarry

Might I suggest staying away from Velco, silence is important for your "undercover" operations...
    Cheers
    Micheal.

2008 GXL D4D Auto. GOING... GOING... GONE
    2015 GXL 1GD Auto. And it begins again...

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Having purchased a 60D with a 15-85 lens and probably going to acquire 1 or 2 more lens and a few filters, charger and odds and ends, does anyone have any recommendations based on experience for a good bag? Probably worth noting none of the expected lens will resemble any John Holmes appendage including arms, legs or anything bigger.

Basically want something that will be easy to put in the rig on trips and keep it all together. I may get a cover just for the camera with lens at some point too so it can come on small excursions without needing the full life support system.

mlc - potential avid happy snapper and undercover spy.
    Heaven help us now. MLC loose with a camera, no act will be safe now he has a camera to capture evidence.
    Tasmania 2015 GTG Committee Member 2005 Prado Pilbara, Sovereign Bar, Driver & passenger weathershields, UHF TX3220, Spare wheel spaces, Lifestyle rack, Genuine front & midrow seatcovers, Genuine front & midrow rubber floor mats, ARB 47 litre fridge/freezer, Hilux washer jets, BF Goodridge A/T, Radiator protection plate, Dual battery tray and isolator, ARB 2.5m awning, Rhino heavy duty areo bars, MSA rear wheel bin, MAXTRAX

I have a lowepro backback which is pretty good but definitely showing signs of wear, if you have a big budget look at crumpler, awesome quality!

MLC, I use a Lowepro Flipside 200 Backpack . It is a small back pack that carries my DLSR & two lenses with all the other junk needed. It is avalible in other sizes too. I have owned this for about six years and have had no problems with it.
    It was recomended to me by a photographer as the entry to get the gear out is against the back. This stops people from knocking off the gear left in the bags when not fitted to the camera. Happen to this guy at a airshow lost three grands worth of lenses as someone just unziped the back pack he had and made off with the gear.

SOL.
    http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...-150-shorty-SX

4wdriving First Party - Bitumen: A Blatant Waste of Taxpayers Money!

Yep Lowepro are the go. I have the same as SOL and its served me well for 5 years getting dragged everywhere.

This is it. http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod1556.htm
    Mint 1999 GXL Prado - Work in progress

What about a 60D with an attached battery grip?

Just head into Diamonds and Teds and check them out. There are many options.

From LowePro I use a MiniTrekker (not good for trekking, but a useful bag nonetheless) and a PhotoSport 200AW which is actually not a bad camera daypack.

I have also been using the Crumpler Haven (M) as a stealth bag - it's basically just a cushioned pouch that can be placed in any other backpack, very handy and allows you to cart your gear around in a nondescript pack without attracting attention. Works well with Mirrorless, might be a bit small for your old school kit.
    2008 D4D M6 GXL [MT ATZ-P3][Whitey's Ironman 45710FE/45682FE+KTFR101H/Dob487][extended Roadsafe links][Polyairs][DBA T3/T2][amts diffdrop & recovery points][Tin175's stone guards][Bushskins BashPlate][ARB Sahara][IPF 900s][Snorkel][WindCheetah][MaxTrax][IC-440][Parrot Asteroid][ARB Fridge][Lifestyle 2nd Row Fridge Mount][ARB Compressor][Thumper][SandGrabbers][Cargo Barrier][Tigerz Awning][MCC Rear Bar]

Quote Originally Posted by JoshF View Post
    What about a 60D with an attached battery grip?
    Then you may need the 300.
    Mint 1999 GXL Prado - Work in progress

Blog Entries
    Thinktank / Tamrac and Pelican are my preferred cases/bags/harnesses.

Thinktank make fantastic Pro shooting belts.

we find for just having the camera handy for the odd pic on a day trip we use the lowepro passport sling bag, it is easy to carry or hang over the headrest, but it only holds the camera and lense, and a few bits, +wallet and a drink. we bought a backpack to cart gear and tripod but find we hardly use it, but with the small bag and basic gear we take it far more often.

I have the Lowepro Fastpack 350 which is good for carrying the DLSR and a few lenses. The top large compartment is handy for putting snacks and drinks. The rear laptop compartment is handy for ipad/tablet and maps/brochures. It can accommodate up to 70-200/2.8 with battery grip attached.

I have this when everything needs to go
    http://www.protog.com.au/buy/xxl-dsl...tebook/BPD300A
    Last edited by amts; 17-03-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast