Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Out of control poster!
    Melb this minute elsewhere in OZ the next

2014 pp GTG - what's your poison?

I know we have quite a few non drinkers, which is probably a good way to be, but it looks like there are a few that enjoy a sherbet.

I just realised its time to start calculating what drinks & how many are required for the trip.
    I made a quick stop & picked up my first slab dedicated for the trip.

Just curious, What's your poison? & how many do you think you need? Any specials on?
    I think $70 for jack black is ok.

I'm a red lover but I don't know if it's practical for the gtg, so I'll probably see what cans I find the nicest- better do some research!
    Cheers, Brad
    2007 GXL, Dune, D4D 6 speed manual. Satnav, towbar, Sahara Bullbar, Bridgestone D697's, Cargo Barrier, Stebel Truck Horn, Couplertec Rust Protection, Safari Snorkel, Polyair airbags, Blue Narva 175's, VMS Touring 700HDsII, GME TX3340, Tough Dog 2" lift with adjustable shocks, ARB rear air locker.

Unfortunately guys there are no bins at Talbotville, so cans or mixers are a great way of reducing weight! Hmm that sentence makes, no sense, Ive been drinking heaps of cans lately and putting on weight.. ooh yeh, rubbish to bring out of the campsite! Any way just another consideration! Unfortunately not a lot of tasty beer comes in cans (the old man tells me I've become a beer snob), so time to look at the options, maybe time for some low carb Pure Blonde.... followed by some tasty red rum or JD... or CC...or bourbon....hmmm

Usually it's James Squire but unfortunately doesn't come in cans so it looks like I will be drinking good old QLD mothers milk! That's XXXX gold & Bundy for you Mexicans
    Blue storm 150GXL auto TD with tjm steel bulbar, Xgs gold lift with polyairs, airtec etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    Usually it's James Squire but unfortunately doesn't come in cans so it looks like I will be drinking good old QLD mothers milk! That's XXXX gold & Bundy for you Mexicans
    Careful, if you keep calling us Mexicans we may only allow Corona and tequila into the campsite and everyone must have a siesta in the arvo! There's probably a few oldies that'd love that! The siesta that is!

Quote Originally Posted by JPH View Post
    Careful, if you keep calling us Mexicans we may only allow Corona and tequila into the campsite and everyone must have a siesta in the arvo!
    Corona I can handle but hmmm tequila would get me in too much trouble.
    Siesta in the arvo no thanks too many tracks to drive. Sue on the other hand would probably be keen for a siesta and a good book after all of the excitement on the tracks.

Matt
    Blue storm 150GXL auto TD with tjm steel bulbar, Xgs gold lift with polyairs, airtec etc..

Quote Originally Posted by JPH View Post
    Unfortunately guys there are no bins at Talbotville, so cans or mixers are a great way of reducing weight! Hmm that sentence makes, no sense, Ive been drinking heaps of cans lately and putting on weight.. ooh yeh, rubbish to bring out of the campsite! Any way just another consideration! Unfortunately not a lot of tasty beer comes in cans (the old man tells me I've become a beer snob), so time to look at the options, maybe time for some low carb Pure Blonde.... followed by some tasty red rum or JD... or CC...or bourbon....hmmm
    Saw this article when researching low carb beers:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...210-18rlc.html

Interesting...
    Cheers, Brad
    2007 GXL, Dune, D4D 6 speed manual. Satnav, towbar, Sahara Bullbar, Bridgestone D697's, Cargo Barrier, Stebel Truck Horn, Couplertec Rust Protection, Safari Snorkel, Polyair airbags, Blue Narva 175's, VMS Touring 700HDsII, GME TX3340, Tough Dog 2" lift with adjustable shocks, ARB rear air locker.

Usually Tooheys New cans but with space restrictions and the trip length, I'll probably have to throw in a couple straight spirits such as JD, a scotch and/or OP Rum. Don't let me see any J/W Red's around - yuck!
    glen_ep | 3.4L Prado, engineered, 2-3" sus, 1.5" body lift, 33.5" Bighorns (255/85R16), dual lockers, 4.88 diffs, UCAs and some other boring stuff
    * Build up
    * YouTube Channel
    * Mighty 90s Prado Group (on Facebook)

You can always top up at the Dargo pub. You'll be paying top dollar and not as much choice, but it's only 45 minutes away.
    White D4D GXL auto Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265/70 R17, Genuine towbar, OME Suspension, ARB Sahara bar, Safari Snorkel, Icom 440N UHF, Rhino sportz bars, redarc BCDC1240 dual battery system, Drifta drawer setup, headlight upgrade.....more to come....
    My Rig Build http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...-White-D4D-GXL

Milk!

Cheers Andrew
    So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

MY PRADO AND DIY CAMPER TRAILER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by braddo View Post
    I'm a red lover but I don't know if it's practical for the gtg, so I'll probably see what cans I find the nicest- better do some research!
    You could always buy a *cough* cask *cough*, no glass to break that way.
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

Yeah I could take casks, but I'll probably just take cans.
    Cheers, Brad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast