Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207
Results 2,473 to 2,482 of 2482
    Hi All
    I finally pulled the trigger on a new starter motor for the 1GRFE V6 in the 120 series.
    Settled on a Bosch BXD039N. Now this baby cranks! @ 2kw compaired to the Denso original boasting 1.6kw.
    Had some conflicting info as to wether this was a direct replacement.
    The bosch is a bloody lot heftier unit, and a very precise fit.
    The main battery cable mounted up to the solinoid lug without to much hassle, but the ignition wire plug is in a lower location on the starter so this wire had to be extended.
    Cheers
    Troy
    SOUTH AUSTRALIA GATEWAY TO THE OUTBACK!
    2003 GXL V6 AUTO 120 CHAMPAGNE MICA [DUNE]
    LIST OF ACCESSORIES GROWING, WISH LIST SLOWLY DECLINING

Quote Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
    Finally gave it a good wash and polish and turned it from this:

To this:

What polish do you use Dave? I would be keen to try it out.

Nice rig. Was this the one that was forsale at BigRock?
    [2007 GXL 120 3.0L TD Auto] Mods: Bilstein Shocks & King 2" Lift Springs - 265/70/17 Cooper AT/3s Tyres - ARB Deluxe bullbar - LED Spotlights & Worklights - Snorkel - BushSkinz bash plates - 2.2m Alloy Overlander Full Rack - 2.5m Wanderer Awning - GME TX3120S UHF & GME AE4703 6.6dBi - Milford Cargo Barrier - JVC indash DVD - Maxtrax - Pulling a heavily modified Jayco Dove Pop Top Camper

Fitted up a new second battery, cleaned the windows, vacuumed the floors, Armouralled the plastic, tightened up all the bolts on the fridge slide all part of getting ready for the 2017 GTG.
    Tasmania 2015 GTG Committee Member 2005 Prado Pilbara, Sovereign Bar, Driver & passenger weathershields, UHF TX3220, Spare wheel spaces, Lifestyle rack, Genuine front & midrow seatcovers, Genuine front & midrow rubber floor mats, ARB 47 litre fridge/freezer, Hilux washer jets, BF Goodridge A/T, Radiator protection plate, Dual battery tray and isolator, ARB 2.5m awning, Rhino heavy duty areo bars, MSA rear wheel bin, MAXTRAX

Quote Originally Posted by VKPrado View Post
    Fitted up a new second battery, cleaned the windows, vacuumed the floors, Armouralled the plastic, tightened up all the bolts on the fridge slide all part of getting ready for the 2017 GTG.
    No gratuitous plugs for the 2017 Pradopoint.com sponsors VK?
    SOUTH AUSTRALIA GATEWAY TO THE OUTBACK!
    2003 GXL V6 AUTO 120 CHAMPAGNE MICA [DUNE]
    LIST OF ACCESSORIES GROWING, WISH LIST SLOWLY DECLINING

Tinted the windows with the darkest legal tint, got the auto elec. to wire up the kings solar panels into the redarc system. Anderson plugs instead of cigarette lighter socket for connecting the kings fridge.

Out of control poster! Bushbasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Nice rig. Was this the one that was forsale at BigRock?
    The Prado was purchased by a buyer who represented several dealers.
    Dave
    Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
    Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YMUS View Post
    I got the shock of my life after being told today that I cannot add bars/winches Roof-racks etc. to my Grande because it will totally upset the suspension.
    ARB simply would not sell and fit anything I wanted!!
    It was even on there computer screen... the guy showed me the specs for a Prado and it says "excludes Grandes" do not fit!
    Hows that for my 8th day of owning a Prado Grande!!
    I have a Grande. With winch bar etc. ARB are full of crap.

Had my suspension done for years. No issues.

Lurker
    Finally fitted my roof box and combined my solar panels.

200w Solar Panels connected through an EPSolar MPPT Controller, through to a slim-line 165ah AGM in the rear of the cabin.

Pumps in approximately 14amps per hour.

rsz_120170420_141244.jpg

Well, perhaps not today... but on Tuesday, Anthony performed an EGR clean, diagnostic and a couple of nice tweaks on my 120...Thanks buddy!!!
    Last edited by stanmiko; Today at 10:40 AM.
    Stan Miko

- 2007 120 Series 3.0L D4D

Five wheel rotate (almost 100,000 km on these MT ATZ 4 Ribs), treated the rotors with anti-squeal, washed the girl with CT-18, must say impressed with the result and treated the windscreen and rear glass with Rain-X.

Cheers
    Hazza
    Silver 120 Series Diesel GXL 2009 with Option Pack 2, king Springs 2" Lift with 'H' front spring, MT ATZ 4-RIB, Dual Battery, Deluxe ARB Bull-bar, Winch, Towbar, Anderson 50 amp plug at the rear, Weather Shields, Bonnet and Head Light Protectors, Rubber Mats inc Cargo mat, UHF Ariel, Portable Uniden UHF plugs into areal, On-board ARB Compressor, Brains Black Box TG150 Protector, Rear Black Duck Seat Covers.

Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207