Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209
Results 2,497 to 2,507 of 2507
    The last few weeks of mods, New Bushskinz bash plate, 9 inch LED spotties and re position LED bar

and Today i got the new wheels and tyres fitted up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtrxprs007 View Post
    Replaced my radiator.

Great job ! - I did mine about a month ago (2004 1KZ-TE engine, automatic) - it looks quite different, mirror image almost. On mine the drain plug is on the passenger side and the transmission cooling on the drivers side of the radiator. Is yours the 1KD motor/D4D?

Did you change the thermostat at the same time? That was horrible!

Mine was leaking for a year so i started using water rather than coolant (Mistake) it was just a big rusty mess

IMG_6535.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Plums View Post
    Great job ! - I did mine about a month ago (2004 1KZ-TE engine, automatic) - it looks quite different, mirror image almost. On mine the drain plug is on the passenger side and the transmission cooling on the drivers side of the radiator. Is yours the 1KD motor/D4D?

Did you change the thermostat at the same time? That was horrible!

Mine was leaking for a year so i started using water rather than coolant (Mistake) it was just a big rusty mess

Cheers! I believe every engine has a different radiator in these cars. I've got the 1gr v6 so the drain plug, trans and lower hose are on the passenger side. I didn't do the thermostat as nothing was wrong with it but they're a piss job on the v6 anyway. My radiators been leaking for a while but only recently started pissing out. At Least my coolant was red as blood and clean. I'll keep a close watch on the cooling system now any future problems
    CANYONEROOOOO *whipping in the distance*

http://youtu.be/7ZeFDe44Ddo

Toyota LandCruiser Prado GXL V6 Red
    (APRIL 2006 BUILD)

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by zutta View Post

What do you think of your new 9inch LED Lightways? Been close to getting a pair but cant find much information or reviews on them.

Your input would be appreciated, perhaps some photos?

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Member
    Sent her in for brake and auto fluid flush and grease the drive shaft.
    Cost me $170. Seemed too cheap. The auto fluid and labour along would of been more than that. I was expecting $3-400.
    I do trust the mechanic though and he's a fellow Toyota petrol lover (he has an FJ).
    2007 GXL V6 - ARB Bullbar with LED lights, snorkel, extractors, 2 1/4" dual exhaust, K&N filter, dimpled/slotted rotors, headrest dvd players, Ebay Satnav/reverse camera, GME 3100TX, Tigerz11 Side awning on custom brackets with Maxtrax mounts, 300W Invertor, ARB Underbody protection, Lightbar and STZ 265/70 tyres.
    Wish list in order I'll get them: Sliders, 2" lift, E-locker, Winch bar with winch.

TCT888.

they are awesome. was going to go with the kings brand but there was a few things swayed me,
    1. these ones have 10watt crees x 37 piece (370 watt) , kings ones are 5watt x32piece (160 watt)
    2. both sets of covers are included in price, kings covers are extra
    3. 2 years warranty , kings is only 1 year

For $189 including cover, wiring harness and 2 year warranty it's a no brainer , Purchased these through ebay from seller - sunyee trading,
    Lightbar is 3 years old and from same seller, i have purchased a heap of stuff through these guys over the years and service and after sales in excellent.
    Have a look at some of the feedback on the spotties on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pair-9inc...w42dZDGZj#rwid

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by zutta View Post
    TCT888.

they are awesome. was going to go with the kings brand but there was a few things swayed me,
    1. these ones have 10watt crees x 37 piece (370 watt) , kings ones are 5watt x32piece (160 watt)
    2. both sets of covers are included in price, kings covers are extra
    3. 2 years warranty , kings is only 1 year

Thanks mate, yes I've got a heap of Kings gear on my Prado, but I noticed they drastically over-state their 9inch LED lights. They claim 18,000 lumens, BUT if you have a good look at the specs, that is at 32volts, not 12-14volts, so they basically took them to the maximum voltage to achieve the claimed 18,000 lumens, and they only draw 6.86amps @ 14.42volts, therefore, they are under 100watts, not the claimed 160watts either.

Unfortunately I had a recent similar experience with Sunyee, with their 'claimed' 693w LED Light Bar, when tested only produced 178w and pulled 14amps. BUT, they were VERY good to deal with and refunded the entire purchase, including the return postage, so I cant fault them on that.

Would be interesting to see how many amps the LightWay's you have actually draw, they should be pulling approx 26amps each if they're 370w @ 12-14v.

If you get a chance to take some pics at night to post up here, im sure everyone would love to see how they perform.

Thanks a heap for getting back to me with the info. Appreciated!

Lurker
    Actually went out camping!!! Had a look around Walhalla and over to glenmaggie dam Prado was a little more capable than. Expected

Was a tad cold but tried to catch fish... But something to do with my family means there still wasn't any fish caught

All in all an amazing weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Helmuut View Post
    Actually went out camping!!! Had a look around Walhalla and over to glenmaggie dam Prado was a little more capable than. Expected

Was a tad cold but tried to catch fish... But something to do with my family means there still wasn't any fish caught

All in all an amazing weekend
    looks awesome mate! Was out there last weekend with a number of guys for some fun. First time in Walhalla too!

Hey, on Facebook me and the guys started a club last week for 4x4s in the south east region called "South East 4x4 Club (VIC)". Now has over 300 members and it's basically 80% prados lol. Some of us will be having a day out at bunyip on Sunday. If you want to tag along let me know!

(APRIL 2006 BUILD)

She got some bling on the weekend, fitted the Lexus GX470 windows/door weather seals/mouldings before we start to get some bad weather. Here is the how to thread to help others because I struggled to find how to remove the rear trims: http://www.pradopoint.com.au/showthr...l=1#post570776
    IMG_9146.jpg

Also did the Auto Flush with pan off and new filter, plus pumped out the 12L using the radiator line method.
    IMG_9159.jpgIMG_9161.jpgIMG_9160.jpg

Installed the Stedi Fog / DRL lights into the ARB Bullbar too. Just need to wire them up. Great looking lights compared to the factory ARB ones.
    13696825_1741959819411165_1565108143_n.jpg
    [2007 GXL 120 3.0L D4D Auto] Mods: Bilstein Shocks & King 2" Lift Springs - 265/70/17 Cooper AT/3s Tyres - ARB Deluxe bullbar - LED Spotlights & Worklights - Snorkel - BushSkinz bash plates - 2.2m Alloy Overlander Full Rack - 2.5m Wanderer Awning - GME TX3120S UHF & GME AE4703 6.6dBi - Milford Cargo Barrier - JVC indash DVD - Maxtrax - Pulling a heavily modified Jayco Dove Pop Top Camper

Had too much fun in the mud on Sunday and now my alternators dead. Time for a new one

(APRIL 2006 BUILD)

Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209