Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Lurker
    What thermal switch has everyone been using?

Searching at the moment and coming up with nothing

Cheers

Advanced Member
    I don't use a thermal switch on mine at all. Living in the prings where the outside temp is 40+ a lot and never needed it.

Hi Kayne
    If you are talking about the one I used, It was got on ebay.
    It is made by Derale and I installed it between the inlet to the cooler and outlet back.
    It is thermostatic to open and it lets about 5% through when closed to stop hammer or any air lock.
    I fitted it so main tranny warmed up quicker and only flows through cooler when it reaches about 80 degrees from memory.
    You do not need it, but I installed it for quicker tranny warm up in the colder months.
    Cheers
    Charlie

Hi Everyone
    I have just traded the 2010 3.0 diesel in and now have a 2017 2.8 diesel - and have just swapped over the DC678 transmission cooler. Like so many others, I had purchased a set of Tin's brackets for the old car. The new car has an air conditioning pipe running across the bottom, in front of the radiator. The simple fix was to insert a 3" spacer at the base of the transmission cooler and keep the top brackets under the horn mounts. The result is an angled transmission cooler but it works just as well. Very quickly noticed a 15 to 20 degree drop in the auto transmission pan fluid temp.
    Regards
    Mark
    Mark
    150 Series GXL White T/D auto

Hi Everyone
    I have just traded the 2010 3.0 diesel in and now have a 2017 2.8 diesel - and have just swapped over the DC678 transmission cooler. Like so many others, I had purchased a set of Tin's brackets for the old car. The new car has an air conditioning pipe running across the bottom, in front of the radiator. The simple fix was to insert a 3" spacer at the base of the transmission cooler and keep the top brackets under the horn mounts. The result is an angled transmission cooler but it works just as well. Very quickly noticed a 15 to 20 degree drop in the auto transmission pan fluid temp.
    Regards
    Mark
    Mark
    150 Series GXL White T/D auto

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213