Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 157 to 168 of 170
  1. #157
    Out of control poster! amts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    9,604
    Normally, you fit the spring rate that matches the daily weight carried.

    Some would fit assist airbags due to towing but if it sits just below level when towing, you could get away without assist airbags if the towing part is mainly bitumen and you don't need clearance because you will only go offroad once you unhook the trailer.

    You won't need the OEM airbags anymore once you do the spring conversion.

  2. #158
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toowoomba/Sydney
    Posts
    77
    Slippery you have me worried now as I'm about to install the Bag's and carry over my MRR setup from my old car. Are you running the standard MRR shocks in the rear?

  3. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    Normally, you fit the spring rate that matches the daily weight carried.

    Some would fit assist airbags due to towing but if it sits just below level when towing, you could get away without assist airbags if the towing part is mainly bitumen and you don't need clearance because you will only go offroad once you unhook the trailer.

    You won't need the OEM airbags anymore once you do the spring conversion.
    Just gone pop again !!! Coils it is ... how do I get my hands on them ?

    With the helper bags can that work with the on board compressor?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  4. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by rackxp View Post
    Slippery you have me worried now as I'm about to install the Bag's and carry over my MRR setup from my old car. Are you running the standard MRR shocks in the rear?
    There the 40-50 mm shocks for lift. I dont know they did a std length shock

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  5. #161
    Out of control poster! amts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    9,604
    Quote Originally Posted by slipperyskakadu View Post
    Just gone pop again !!! Coils it is ... how do I get my hands on them ?

    With the helper bags can that work with the on board compressor?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Send me an email amtsprado at gmail dot com

    Helper bags shouldn't be connected to the onboard compressor because the airbags aren't the same type. Helper airbags should only be pumped using a hand/bicycle pump before the load is applied to the vehicle.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up


  6. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    Dumped lol.... Airbag Mans are trouble under load.... No good

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  7. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    Send me an email amtsprado at gmail dot com

    Helper bags shouldn't be connected to the onboard compressor because the airbags aren't the same type. Helper airbags should only be pumped using a hand/bicycle pump before the load is applied to the vehicle.
    Emailed you....

    Just waiting on tow truck should be able to talk around 4.30-5

    Cheers

    Rowan

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  8. #164
    Member D4DDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canberra ACT
    Posts
    114
    Slippery,

    PHs' post above refers to concerns over open shock length, but you say your bags have only popped with the van on. I'm running the same bags (and the same van as it happens) and have not had a problem yet fortunately. Is the bag failing on flat ground simply under the load of the van, or when you reach maximum droop? I don't imagine you'd ever be near maximum droop with the van on, yet surely the open shock length would only be an issue when approaching full droop?

    What's your rear axle load on the weighbridge? Are you running a WDH to reduce rear axle load?

    David.
    2012 150 Series D4D Kakadu
    Wynnum Towbar, Narva Merit/USB/lighter sockets, Pirahna dual battery tray, Redarc BCDC1240, Xantrex LinkPro battery monitor, 600W inverter, ARB onboard air & WaterWatch on AMTS bracket, Phillips 35W HID high beams, UHF, Roadsafe front recovery points, Offroad Systems drawers with integrated water storage with tap concealed in rear tailgate, ARB 47L fridge.

  9. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by D4DDave View Post
    Slippery,

    PHs' post above refers to concerns over open shock length, but you say your bags have only popped with the van on. I'm running the same bags (and the same van as it happens) and have not had a problem yet fortunately. Is the bag failing on flat ground simply under the load of the van, or when you reach maximum droop? I don't imagine you'd ever be near maximum droop with the van on, yet surely the open shock length would only be an issue when approaching full droop?

    What's your rear axle load on the weighbridge? Are you running a WDH to reduce rear axle load?

    David.
    Hi Dave,

    It's only a 170kg ball weight. Never had a issue with the Toyota airbags...

    I went over the weigh bridge about 6 months ago and was well under the vehicles limits. The local weigh bridge has now closed down.

    I received a defective product. Airbag Man just had a hard time believing that there product failed... I've got a new replacement bellows with new top and bottom seats.

    I get caravan back on Monday and I"ll go for a drive and see what happens....

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  10. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by rackxp View Post
    Slippery you have me worried now as I'm about to install the Bag's and carry over my MRR setup from my old car. Are you running the standard MRR shocks in the rear?
    MRR All round...

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  11. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    Fully extended... 615mm to 620mm maximum open length.



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  12. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    251
    I've also taken the Fuel Beast Wheels and KM2 Muddies - 285s off.

    I'm back with the stock kakadu 18s & Bighorn mt764s. 275s....

    I oved the look of the 285s

    Just seeing if there is much difference in performance between the two setups...

    I feel the gearing is noticeable.....
    Last edited by slipperyskakadu; 12-01-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •