Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I think OBDLink LX is the answer for me then. Thanks Adrian. I'll purchase from Scantool.net to avoid any chinese ebay copies I think.
    Amts, seller was the head unit supplier (the Vlink unit came with it free). I think I'll chalk this one up as a loss and purchase a better one. I believe the OBDLink units also auto power down which is a bonus. (although not sure if the power supply on the 16 pin connector is still live after ecu shutdown, would need to stick my meter on it and lock the car then wait for ECU to sleep).

What is the MAC address showing on the bluetooth OBD dongle? It could be a dodgy unit.

AFAIK, the ones supplied by the ebay seller on the link in the first post have been OK.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Just wondering if anyone had has had any luck conecting this unit (from the original post)to a 90 series 5VZFE 3.4 petrol. Yes I know this is the 120 section. I also know that the 90 has the rectangular conector, but you can get the adapter from the same seller. Ken.
    Ken
    3.4 GXL man 1997 petrol / gas, BFG mud tyres 265 75 16, front and rear camera, Jaycar 6300Lm LED 6.5" D/L * 2, 15W LED reversing/work light, diff breathers, 42mm lift, Rear Anderson plug, Dash cam, and way too much recovery gear for one vehicle to carry around. No more HID headlamps. No more Narva D/L.

06 v6 prado have paid version of obd2 torpue pro wont read tranny temp (auto) any ideas

4 speed or 5 speed auto?
    Have you checked out this thread? http://www.pradopoint.com.au/showthr...on+temp+torque
    2008 D4D GX Auto - Option Pack 2 (traction control, cruise control, climate control and all the airbags), ARB deluxe bar, Domin8r X winch, Kings 7" LED spotties, 50mm lift (Front Kings KTFR101H, Rear Dobinsons C59-327, with Whiteys revalved Ironman 45710FE struts and 45682FE shocks), OEM alloys with 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, Joying 5.1.1 double DIN head unit, Uniden UH5060 CB with AT870 antenna, and a long wish list!

Japanese Market Prado OBD advice

Hi, im new to the forum. I have read lots about prado's with M-OBD but it seems that it is hit and miss. I have a 2003 Japanese market prado TX(TA-VZJ120W-GKPEK). The engine is 5VZ-FE 3.378L.

The OBD port is a 16pin type. I did see that some people have trouble seeing the fuel economy but can see the rest, this is just a shot in the dark but on my dash I have an onboard display that shows altitude barometer temperature and fuel economy. I wonder the people who cant get fuel economy to show have a similar display.

I had a rough idle this spring but it disappeared this summer and has not returned yet. It is still pretty warm outside, so I am waiting to see if it is the summer heat. I also added some fuel/injector additive to the gas and the dealership cleaned the throttle body so it is still a mystery which one is the cause. I decided to clean my MAF sensor and while reading about it I learned about OBD scanners and also this forum.

I have decided to connect a scanner for before and after readings of the MAF sensor cleaning but even after reading all of this I still don't know which scanner to buy.

It seems that since I have a 16 pin port I may not need any extra cables, just the dongle and an android device? I will attach a photo of my OBD port. If anyone wants other details photos etc just let me know.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread. It it the most informative that I've come across so far! I am in Japan so Ebay isnt an option but I will try to find the same model here. If anyone has advice please let me know! 20171011_151517.jpg

Hi Bloodbeard, it sounds like your Japanese TX display is the same as the top-spec Grande display here in Australia. The lower-spec models have a less useful display that only includes a clock and a temperature reading.
    2008 D4D GX Auto - Option Pack 2 (traction control, cruise control, climate control and all the airbags), ARB deluxe bar, Domin8r X winch, Kings 7" LED spotties, 50mm lift (Front Kings KTFR101H, Rear Dobinsons C59-327, with Whiteys revalved Ironman 45710FE struts and 45682FE shocks), OEM alloys with 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, Joying 5.1.1 double DIN head unit, Uniden UH5060 CB with AT870 antenna, and a long wish list!

My Display

20171011_170933.jpg

This is on my TX, top grade would have been TZ. Ouch I was getting 7.3 km\L when she was new.

Lurker
    Just a quick question, is it noral for the boost/vacuum in the realtime info to be sitting on -4.5 in/hg vacuum?? even when i have it disconnected it still sits at -4.5 in/hg

i have a 120 kz-te and it should be getting between 7-10 psi boost which is 14 - 20 in/hg.
    but on a run foot flat max is 9.4 in/hg and sits about 6-7 in/hg

just wondering if the negitive start is having an effect on my final output.

Lurker
    sorry double post.
    Last edited by Potzy; 18-11-2017 at 07:33 PM. Reason: please delete

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678