Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    So as I posted on Facebook, looks like time being short! Have discovered a bit of an issue for the fridge hood on the camper....[20170414_062250003_iOS.jpg20170414_062322332_iOS.jpg20170414_062344541_iOS.jpg

I guess I overlooked it up until now, and presumed that it was just a bad finish on the hinge....

Will attempt to sort out tomorrow.
    '04 120 Petrol Flinders Red GXL
    with ARB Catalog, with TJM add ons!

Blog Entries
    So will be doing some painting on the weekend - new hinge is in, even has a grease zerk!

20170420_224118607_iOS.jpg

What's a zerk? Do you mean nipple?
    Haha, I said nipple.....snigger
    Can't we just keep travelling?
    Travelling Panelbeater
    Follow us on Facebook... Mr & Mrs Whitey's Great Oz Trek

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
    What's a zerk? Do you mean nipple?
    Haha, I said nipple.....snigger
    A grease fitting, grease nipple, Zerk fitting, or Alemite fitting is a metal fitting used in mechanical systems to feed lubricants, usually lubricating grease, into a bearing under moderate to high pressure using a grease gun.

It must be the Canadian coming out in him.
    Tasmania 2015 GTG Committee Member 2005 Prado Pilbara, Sovereign Bar, Driver & passenger weathershields, UHF TX3220, Spare wheel spaces, Lifestyle rack, Genuine front & midrow seatcovers, Genuine front & midrow rubber floor mats, ARB 47 litre fridge/freezer, Hilux washer jets, BF Goodridge A/T, Radiator protection plate, Dual battery tray and isolator, ARB 2.5m awning, Rhino heavy duty areo bars, MSA rear wheel bin, MAXTRAX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKPrado View Post
    A grease fitting, grease nipple, Zerk fitting, or Alemite fitting is a metal fitting used in mechanical systems to feed lubricants, usually lubricating grease, into a bearing under moderate to high pressure using a grease gun.

It must be the Canadian coming out in him.
    One could say that, but it is a fall back when I ran snow groomers - we had as a pre-trip, 30 "zerks" to grease.....

With time now getting very close before people start heading off and making their way to Lake Argyle for the start of the 2017 GTG, I am wondering if we should come up with a UHF channel we could select to use so if we see another Prado which could be heading to the GTG we could give them a call up.

I was thinking channel 26.
    Tasmania 2015 GTG Committee Member 2005 Prado Pilbara, Sovereign Bar, Driver & passenger weathershields, UHF TX3220, Spare wheel spaces, Lifestyle rack, Genuine front & midrow seatcovers, Genuine front & midrow rubber floor mats, ARB 47 litre fridge/freezer, Hilux washer jets, BF Goodridge A/T, Radiator protection plate, Dual battery tray and isolator, ARB 2.5m awning, Rhino heavy duty areo bars, MSA rear wheel bin, MAXTRAX

Blog Entries
    I doubt that we will be doing that - primarily we'll be on CH40 - execpt for Steep Point, CH27.

Might be running handheld on scan, should be decent - 5W GME with a car kit and 2.1db roof antenna...

Out of control poster!
    Melb this minute elsewhere in OZ the next
    Quote Originally Posted by VKPrado View Post
    With time now getting very close before people start heading off and making their way to Lake Argyle for the start of the 2017 GTG, I am wondering if we should come up with a UHF channel we could select to use so if we see another Prado which could be heading to the GTG we could give them a call up.

I was thinking channel 26.
    Good idea. The 4x4 channel is 10, so we use that, keeps it simple.
    Cheers.

Well it was a case of some more packing today and fitting everything in.

There has been a change in our sailing time as it has been pushed back from 19:30 to 21:00. It would have been nice if they had told us and not a case of us discovering the change. Don't really want to be hanging around for hours at the boat terminal.

Did a run around the block with the camper to make sure everything was right after having the wheels and brakes off.

The count down is really on now for us. Getting quite excited about it all.

We've set up the tent and swags in the backyard today doing the last minute check to make sure everything is just right. The kids are sleeping out there tonight with a friend. If it survives that, we should be fine. On the downside had the service done yesterday and on top of needing to do the timing belt (already knew that but it's expensive), they let us know we also need new shocks so booking in for a last minute upgrade next week.

13 days till we leave, heaps of time left (he says while he's at work and not getting ready to go)
    150 Diesel, blue storm. Just added Ostrich Wing awning and ARB Diff Breathers. Also has ARB rear air locker and on-board compressor, couplertec rust proofing and rubber weatherproof mats throughout, colour coded ARB deluxe winch bar, outback ideas front recovery points and GME TX3540 radio. Pioneer Platform, TraxRax, Wet Seat seat covers, Dual Battery System, OME 2inch Lift, Safari Snorkel, ARB Bash Plates and a home made set of drawers.

Out of control poster!
    Melb this minute elsewhere in OZ the next
    Quote Originally Posted by talk2tiny View Post
    We've set up the tent and swags in the backyard today doing the last minute check to make sure everything is just right. The kids are sleeping out there tonight with a friend. If it survives that, we should be fine. On the downside had the service done yesterday and on top of needing to do the timing belt (already knew that but it's expensive), they let us know we also need new shocks so booking in for a last minute upgrade next week.

13 days till we leave, heaps of time left (he says while he's at work and not getting ready to go)
    Hey Bro,
    Timing belt on a 1kd is about as easy as it gets. Belts $70 or so & 1 hr labour.
    Total about $200.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Anth120playdo View Post
    Hey Bro,
    Timing belt on a 1kd is about as easy as it gets. Belts $70 or so & 1 hr labour.
    Total about $200.00.
    Yep, 1kz, 1kd, 1hz.. I want to know what you are doing with the other 30mins after quoting an hour?
    Silver '04 KZJ120 1KZ-TE~Manual~GXL~Dobinson 2" Lift~Bilsteins~Detroit Locker~Endless Air~X9 Superwinch~Madman EMS1~CAV Agglomerator~Rear Foglight Mod~TJM Dual Battery~Rhino Roof Tray~120W solar panel~Foxwing awning~HD Front Recovery Points~Radiator Protector Plate~Steinbauer P-Box~Beaudesert 2 3/4" Exhaust~TJM Airtec Snorkel~TJM Sliders~Prico Boost Gauge~BFG-KO's~GME TX3420~Front and Rear Cameras~Ultimate Camper hanging off the back!

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast