2008 – 5
    2007 – 1
    2006 – 2
    2004 – 1
    2000 – 1 (90 series Prado)

90 x 1 120 x 9 150 x 4 Hilux x 2 LC 200 x 1 LC 79 x 1

Diesel = 14 Petrol = 4

Auto = 14 Manual 4

BFG = 9 Coopers = 2 Mickey Thompson = 2 Bridgestone = 2 Maxxis/Hankook = 1 Radar Renegade = 1 Yokohama Geolander = 1

White = 5 (2 Prados) Silver = 4 Graphite/Charcoal = 2 Gold/dune = 2 Red = 2 Black = 1 Blue = 2

Swags = 6 Camper Trailer = 4 Tent = 7 Caravan = 3
    Dave
    Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
    Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Nearly a week since Bushbasher posted.

No reviews, no photos, no info! 18 cars and 39 people on the trip, but zero reports, no photos (from the official photog or members), no thanks to the organisers, no jokes, nothing! Is this real?

Nothing? Did the trip actually happen?

Have a look at page 2 of the previous Tassie trip and see how many photos and info was shared:

http://www.pradopoint.com.au/showthr...-GO-quot/page2
    2008 D4D M6 GXL [MT ATZ-P3][Whitey's Ironman 45710FE/45682FE+KTFR101H/Dob487][extended Roadsafe links][Polyairs][DBA T3/T2][amts diffdrop & recovery points][Tin175's stone guards][Bushskins BashPlate][ARB Sahara][IPF 900s][Snorkel][WindCheetah][MaxTrax][IC-440][Parrot Asteroid][ARB Fridge][Lifestyle 2nd Row Fridge Mount][ARB Compressor][Thumper][SandGrabbers][Cargo Barrier][Tigerz Awning][MCC Rear Bar]

Blog Entries
    I think it comes down to some people are still away.
    The organisers are battling an illness that has slowed them down.
    There was also very limited mobile coverage up there. And everyone was probably having too much of a good time to bother with social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    I think it comes down to some people are still away.
    The organisers are battling an illness that has slowed them down.
    There was also very limited mobile coverage up there. And everyone was probably having too much of a good time to bother with social media.
    Thanks Piggy, all of the above is true. Patience Grasshopper!! Photos will come in good time and we all have other things we are doing so it will all get done in due course (and besides we are on Broome Time now....)
    Happy owner of a Dark Red 120 D4D with lots of lovely extra bits.
    On here cos I opened my mouth at the Tassie GTG to organise a WA GTG.

Most of the chat has been on the GTG Facebook page. As well as photos.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1098860403494293/
    Can't we just keep travelling?
    Travelling Panelbeater
    Follow us on Facebook... Mr & Mrs Whitey's Great Oz Trek

Blog Entries
    Sadly, our trip is over.

Arrived home today. I dare say that we will be back up there again!

https://www.facebook.com/cfryback/me...8716907&type=3
    '04 120 Petrol Flinders Red GXL
    with ARB Catalog, with TJM add ons!

We have just arrived back so once we have sorted out the flooded house we now have I will start with some trip pictures and thoughts.
    Tasmania 2015 GTG Committee Member 2005 Prado Pilbara, Sovereign Bar, Driver & passenger weathershields, UHF TX3220, Spare wheel spaces, Lifestyle rack, Genuine front & midrow seatcovers, Genuine front & midrow rubber floor mats, ARB 47 litre fridge/freezer, Hilux washer jets, BF Goodridge A/T, Radiator protection plate, Dual battery tray and isolator, ARB 2.5m awning, Rhino heavy duty areo bars, MSA rear wheel bin, MAXTRAX

Out of control poster! Bushbasher's Avatar
    Wet over there heh? We have had 24 rainy days for July in Perth to make it the most wet days in 43 years .
    Dave
    Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
    Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Blog Entries
    After 10K km on a repair, that was done in Broome on the 11th of June - I replaced it!

20170730_070832503_iOS.jpg
    '04 120 Petrol Flinders Red GXL
    with ARB Catalog, with TJM add ons!

Quote Originally Posted by cfryback View Post
    After 10K km on a repair, that was done in Broome on the 11th of June - I replaced it!

20170730_070832503_iOS.jpg
    So that is the offending part that caused the fuel leak. Good to see it is all back to original now.
    Tasmania 2015 GTG Committee Member 2005 Prado Pilbara, Sovereign Bar, Driver & passenger weathershields, UHF TX3220, Spare wheel spaces, Lifestyle rack, Genuine front & midrow seatcovers, Genuine front & midrow rubber floor mats, ARB 47 litre fridge/freezer, Hilux washer jets, BF Goodridge A/T, Radiator protection plate, Dual battery tray and isolator, ARB 2.5m awning, Rhino heavy duty areo bars, MSA rear wheel bin, MAXTRAX

Now that the 2017 GTG has been run and everyone would have now made it back to home I am wondering what sort of damage was experienced? Now there were some that had more than others but just wondering now everyone has cleaned up what have they discovered?

VKPrado had a rock smash into the bullbar causing a dent in the upright which then dislodged a driving light cover. One of the fuel tank guards broke a weld. Fridge power cord melted the plug on the end.

Now this is just only the GTG as we had a couple more issues on the rest of our trip but nothing that was a show stopper.

I had lots of little things. Rear door handle broke, water tank brackets, maxtrax holders, windscreen. Some dodgy wiring I did for USB ports stopped working. I cracked a rim too but I'm pretty sure I did that before I left for the gtg and only found it after (slow leak). Not a bad list though considering the trip (and the previous beatings it's had).

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930