Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great post Anth 120

Well this is on the list for the next service.

Thanks Anth.
    [2007 GXL 120 3.0L D4D Auto] Mods: Bilstein Shocks & King 2" Lift Springs - 265/70/17 Cooper AT/3s Tyres - ARB Deluxe bullbar - LED Spotlights & Worklights - Snorkel - BushSkinz bash plates - 2.2m Alloy Overlander Full Rack - 2.5m Wanderer Awning - GME TX3120S UHF & GME AE4703 6.6dBi - Milford Cargo Barrier - JVC indash DVD - Maxtrax - Pulling a heavily modified Jayco Dove Pop Top Camper

Double Post. :P
    [2007 GXL 120 3.0L D4D Auto] Mods: Bilstein Shocks & King 2" Lift Springs - 265/70/17 Cooper AT/3s Tyres - ARB Deluxe bullbar - LED Spotlights & Worklights - Snorkel - BushSkinz bash plates - 2.2m Alloy Overlander Full Rack - 2.5m Wanderer Awning - GME TX3120S UHF & GME AE4703 6.6dBi - Milford Cargo Barrier - JVC indash DVD - Maxtrax - Pulling a heavily modified Jayco Dove Pop Top Camper

I did mine on the weekend. Didnt look as bad as above but still had some crud on it. All cleaned up and back together. Thanks for the simple guide Anth.

Lurker
    Sorry to bring up an older thread but does anyone happen to know if this process is the same for petrol vs diesel? Just bought a v6 petrol 120 and would like to add this check to each oil change I do in the future, as I recently had a blocked pick up cleaned by a mechanic and we all know their labour costs an arm and a leg. I searched in the petrol section of the page but couldn't find a similar thread so thought I'd try my luck here.

Also any chance of new photo links? I can't get the photos to work due to Photobucket's new third party hosting fee..
    Last edited by walkies94; 28-07-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    V6 Drop the bash plates, drain the oil, Leave for a few hours or O'night. Look thru sump hole with a torch or borescope to see the screen. (Im not actually sure if you can see it on a v6 thru the drain plug hole however). Otherwise, remove the smaller sump section. Replace gasket or re-use if its in OK condition and some silicone (Grey Max or similar) to reseal it all.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    V6 Drop the bash plates, drain the oil, Leave for a few hours or O'night. Look thru sump hole with a torch or borescope to see the screen. (Im not actually sure if you can see it on a v6 thru the drain plug hole however). Otherwise, remove the smaller sump section. Replace gasket or re-use if its in OK condition and some silicone (Grey Max or similar) to reseal it all.
    Great thanks. If there is gunk on the pick up, I'll be able to clean it with just the smaller sump section removed?

Blog Entries
    The pickup is in the lowest point of the sump. So that would be a yes.

Thanks Anth 120 for info. Checked mine today to find it was severely blocked. I had asked mechanic to check it two times after injector seal issue a few months back. he said it was all good and that he checked it on both occasions. Just about to start an 8000km trip towing a van. Not sure how long it would have lasted based on the condition of the pick up.FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    2008 D4D 6sp Manual. Standard GXL. April '08 Build.

Quote Originally Posted by matt18x View Post
    Thanks Anth 120 for info. Checked mine today to find it was severely blocked. I had asked mechanic to check it two times after injector seal issue a few months back. he said it was all good and that he checked it on both occasions. Just about to start an 8000km trip towing a van. Not sure how long it would have lasted based on the condition of the pick up.FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    Luck to get a few km from your driveway looking like that.
    Terry
    Canberra
    2008 Prado 120 D4D and 2010 Jayco Swan Outback

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12