Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New Prado Edition in 2017 question - please

Apologies guys as I'm sure this would have been asked before but can anybody point me to a thread discussion or anybody know if there is to be a new model released sometime in 2017. I'm hunting for a new model in the month or so and wondered if it is worth hanging out for a newer model.

Many thanks in advance :-)

I have not spotted any meaningful information on major upcoming Prado changes on any website.
    I suspect that having put a new 2.8 engine and 6 speed auto in place then at least these wont change much.
    Just a guess, but I don't think that Toyota would go the route of Land Rover (softer Discovery) but rather will stick with ladder frame and its other more serious off-road aspects. I could be very wrong, but perhaps they might freshen up the dashboard and add a few more active safety features as standard.
    Any major new version for 2017 would probably have been at least teased by now, so 2018 would be the soonest and maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by OzDriver View Post
    Any major new version for 2017 would probably have been at least teased by now, so 2018 would be the soonest and maybe longer.
    Many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :-)

I don't think we will see an all new Prado until after the 200 series replacement is released. My dealer (who doesn't really know) said possibly 2019 for a new Prado.
    2016 GRAPHITE GXL TD 2.8, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, 285/65/18, Outback Solutions Drawers, Safari Snorkel, Hayman Reese HD Towbar, Firestone Coilrite Airbags, Bilstein & Dobinson lift, AMTS rear wheel spacer, Redarc Tow Pro Elite, Rhino Pioneer Platform (2128x1236mm) with more to come.

Advanced Member
    Now live Brisbane Nth side QLd prev Blue Mts,NSW
    The lifecycle of the 90s was 1996-2002 with a new diesel around 2000 with a cosmetic facelift, the 120s 2003- 2009 with the new D4D diesel in late 2006 and now 150s 2009- to current with a 2014 facelift and new diesel 2015. So based on the previous lifecycle being around 6 years and a new diesel at the end of the model life maybe a 180s could be on the horizon say late 2017
    New 2015 150s GX 5 seater with floor mats, towbar and a big wish list
    Previously a 2004 120s 1KZ GX silver manual with stuff
    before that a 1996 RV6 90S with lots of gear

Toyota release their new models in October, and keep pretty tight lipped about it, these are now international releases so leaks from overseas are unlikely. Don't get your hopes up for a Prado with a 3 tonne tow capacity whilst the 200 and beyond series is still available, Toyota Marketing won't allow that.
    Former Party Leader, Now SDO SEQLD GTG 2015 PFA (Pradopoint Fairy Advisor)
    Bitumen - A Blatant Waste of Taxpayers Money

Nothing to do with marketing, it's all in the suspension budget, you can legally upgrade them, the kids? Suspension and an engineer plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -=2014 GXL D4D Auto Graphite, Firestone Airbags, ARB/Optima D34 Dual Battery, ARB UVP, TJM Airtech Snorkle=-

Prado Altitude March/April 2017, new model Prado October/November 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Desirable4Driving (D4D) View Post
    Prado Altitude March/April 2017, new model Prado October/November 2017
    Where did you obtain this information from?
    2016 2.8l 6spd Auto Prado Crystal Pearl VX, Dual Battery, Pro Racks, Towbar.

Altitude info is from dealers as there will be a 200 altitude as well, 600 Prado's only avaliable. And new model info from Toyota (subject to change).

Toyota contacted me regarding new release in feb if I was interested as I have the Altitude

Quote Originally Posted by Bugswatter View Post
    Toyota contacted me regarding new release in feb if I was interested as I have the Altitude
    Did they confirm a new model for Feb or and Altitude? Google brings nothing which is very unusual. Any details regarding newer model?
    2016 2.8l 6spd Auto Prado Crystal Pearl VX, Dual Battery, Pro Racks, Towbar.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast