Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Im not sure on the part number for the bracket. The guys at ARB said the camera was the same as the 200 series but it wasnt. I ended up having to open the hole up a bit to fit the camera through it.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...psg2umgku8.jpg
    Grandpa spec 2010 Kakadu.

Very discreet indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmanjc View Post
    Im not sure on the part number for the bracket. The guys at ARB said the camera was the same as the 200 series but it wasnt. I ended up having to open the hole up a bit to fit the camera through it.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...psg2umgku8.jpg
    It looks good - gets the camera out and clear of the spotties which would do what I need. Do you find the spotties are ok with radar cruise control?
    Kurt's Rig Build - Black 2013 150 series Kakadu 3.0L D4D. TJM Low Loop nudge bar, Airtec snorkel, Rhino Pioneer SX platform, Sunseeker awning, Wynnum Towbar, Kaon half height cargo barrier, Roadsafe recovery points, Bridgestone D697s, Sandgrabba mats.

I have a fuel consumption problem. This diesel is starting to feel like my old 120 series petrol!

Hoping it's not indicative of any underlying serious issue. The car is currently at just over 51,000kms on the 3.0L D4D. As of the fill I just did, the consumption according to the dash was 13.9 L/100km. Calculated consumption based on the fill (125L for 821km) is 15.23 L/100km.

I've read the whole diesel fuel economy thread - pretty heavy going. There's various comments about how you can't really compare, but mine is at the absolute upper limit of what anyone in that thread is getting, there's only one or two that have even mentioned similar numbers.

My driving for this tank has been towing a ski boat for the first maybe 100km, then mostly city driving. Car doesn't have any significant fuel impacting mods other than the Pioneer roof platform and Sunseeker awning. Bridgestone D697 tyres. My driving is probably somewhat heavy footed sometimes but I'd be stunned if many others weren't driving their cars as hard or harder.

Any thoughts on how much I should be worried about this being indicative of a more serious issue?
    Kurt's Rig Build - Black 2013 150 series Kakadu 3.0L D4D. TJM Low Loop nudge bar, Airtec snorkel, Rhino Pioneer SX platform, Sunseeker awning, Wynnum Towbar, Kaon half height cargo barrier, Roadsafe recovery points, Bridgestone D697s, Sandgrabba mats.

pricks

Wondering who I've pissed off lately...

This is my 120 Grande on Saturday morning. I'd left it parked on the street as we've got three cars at present until I sell it (which I've been slack doing), and only have room for two in the carport.

This is my 150 Kakadu on Sunday morning. I'd left it parked on the street as I had to bring the 120 undercover so it wouldn't get rained on through the smashed window.

Two separate smashed Prado windows in two days. Not happy at all! So unfortunately I'm adding "replacing a rear cargo window" to the rig build on the Kakadu.

Did they take anything from either Prado? Were any other cars in the street hit as well? In any case it's at least criminal damage and should be reported to the Police. Perhaps one of your neighbours has CCTV footage that may show who was in the street or near your cars at the time of the incidents.

It sucks whoever did it, window glass like that can be expensive to replace.
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

Quote Originally Posted by fido666 View Post
    Did they take anything from either Prado? Were any other cars in the street hit as well? In any case it's at least criminal damage and should be reported to the Police. Perhaps one of your neighbours has CCTV footage that may show who was in the street or near your cars at the time of the incidents.

It sucks whoever did it, window glass like that can be expensive to replace.
    Nothing taken so it seems like just vandalism. Not aware of any other cars being done but I'm asking around. Police reports are in but no CCTV that covers that. I have CCTV but it didn't quite capture the spot they were parked across the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    I have CCTV but it didn't quite capture the spot they were parked across the road.
    Bugger! You will have to try and park them closer in future.
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

It looks good - gets the camera out and clear of the spotties which would do what I need. Do you find the spotties are ok with radar cruise control?
    I dont have the radar cruise control, I have the off road package with multi terrain control so I cant comment on that. Sucks about the glass. There maybe an upgrade for an opening window ?

I dont have the radar cruise control, I have the off road package with multi terrain control so I cant comment on that. Sucks about the glass. There maybe an upgrade for an opening window ?

I have a fuel consumption problem. This diesel is starting to feel like my old 120 series petrol!

Hoping it's not indicative of any underlying serious issue. The car is currently at just over 51,000kms on the 3.0L D4D. As of the fill I just did, the consumption according to the dash was 13.9 L/100km. Calculated consumption based on the fill (125L for 821km) is 15.23 L/100km.
    Well under further examination I think it's all ok. I think the tank above was just a combination of factors - almost all city driving, peak hour, fair number of hills in my commute, driving it a bit hard at times. Good excuse to get out more maybe!

The subsequent tank gave me dash reading of 12.5L/100km, actual measured at 14L/100km. This was more of a mixture of driving - still a reasonable amount of the same as before, but also more distance driving.

The start of the current tank was 501km of driving across highways and country roads, with a few hills mixed in, giving me a dash reading of 10.1L/100km. Didn't do a refill at that point so don't have a calculated figure. But the lower dash reading makes me feel much better about it.

Given the horror stories some people have on these engines I also had the engine checked over a couple of weeks ago to make me feel better - all diagnostics, including injectors, were in the desired ranges.

Speaking of Kaon, I was offered a set of Kaon bash plates tonight by a friend who has just traded his Prado. He'd only just put them on 5 days ago, then suddenly made a rash decision to buy a new cruiser and did it quickly before he changed his mind No luck for my Kakadu though - looking at the Kaon website it looks like they're no go for KDSS vehicles. Checked out a few other bash plates and it seems they aren't the only ones. According to websites TJM, Brown Davis, and AMTS (he looks to have stopped making them anyway) don't support KDSS. ARB and Ironman don't state either way on their sites. BushSkinz seems to be the one that does actually make different versions for KDSS and non-KDSS vehicles. Might have to dig through some of the other Kakadu and VX builds and see what people have settled on.
    Hello Kurt

I have the arb bash plates on my 3.0lt 2015 Kakadu
    no bull bar
    all works really well, just need to make sure that the installers 'insert' the black piece of plastic that joins the bottom of the front bumper to the front of the bash plate, other wise it leave a great big gap allowing debris to flick up to the bottom of the radiator.

Ben
    2015 Kakadu D4D Silver, Toyota Tow Bar, Toyota Rubber Floor Mats and Rear Cargo Mat, Rhino Rack Aero Bars, TJM Air Compressor, MAXTRAX, GME TX3100PNP, Waeco CFX40, ARB Bash Plates, Milford Cargo Barrier, BFG KO2's 265 60 18

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast