Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DamoBro's 120

looks good, whats the measurement of your guard to lower rim lip?

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by ejukated View Post
    looks good, whats the measurement of your guard to lower rim lip?
    Haven't measured yet.

But i did get my these on. I'm blown away how good it looks.

I will take a few more tomorrow.

I'm one happy camper

Lurker
    Today my partner went wedding dress shopping with her sister, which meant a day of prado mods for me... yay. I had a few hours, which was ideal for a dual battery install i have been wanting to do for a while now.

This was stage 1 of the install. Basically just getting the 2nd battery in there, wiring it up, making it look neat and ensure it is all working correctly. For this build i was tossing up whether to have the 2nd battery in the engine bay, or have it in the back. After doing some thinking, and throwing some ideas around, i ended up putting the 2nd battery in the engine bay. I also decided on a basic isolator over a dc - dc set up? Why? Effective, simple set up, and easy to trouble shoot. Plus its a bit nicer on the pocket also. Heres a few pics. Only thing that looks out of place is the small red wire in the background. I don't have any small conduit left. Tomorrows job.

2nd Battery with the Redarc SBI12

Inside controls - Haven't hooked the battery parallel switch up yet

Volt meter

Stage 2 consists of running 2 anderson plugs to the rear for the fridge, rewiring the factory ciggy socket in the back, and putting in a narva fuse block to keep the wiring tidy. Eventually i would like to also put a solar regulator somewhere near the 2nd battery, and have a 'quick connect' anderson plug for the panel. But at the moment the priority is getting the cabling into the back so i can start running the fridge.

Lurker
    I continued to play with the 12 volt side of things today. I bought all the stuff needed to get the plugs in the back sorted, however time was against me. So i got to install the narva fuse block instead. I always like the idea of these but never had one. After the fuse block was done i also tidied some other wiring up.

Fuse block in place.

View from the starter battery

Job completed.

Lurker
    iI managed to get a couple of small jobs completed. Firstly changed all the globes to leds. Its like day time inside. And secondary, wired and in anderson plug in the back for the fridge, and rewired the factory socket with heavier cable. Pics below

Hey,

Prado is coming along nicely.

I really like the colour of your car, dark green looks smick.

Lurker
    What make of wheels and size are they?

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattcarne View Post
    What make of wheels and size are they?
    I wanted something a little bigger then a 265 but not something that would scrub badly. Settled for a set of 275/70/17 bf ko2s. , on kings d locka rims. I did have to remove the front mudflaps, and give the bottom part of the bumper abit of a "sports cut" . It would hit on full lock. But since doing that it fits perfectly. Next time round i'd consider a 285 but that will be a long time off yet.

In other news, i have purchased a bull bar. Just waiting for them to get it now...

Lurker
    Another little thing done today. I have had the prado for a few months now but still hadn't got around to putting seat covers on her. I have been keeping an eye out for some "cheaper" canvas or neoprene covers. I didn't like the look of the supacentre ones. Then i came around these;

Thanks Aldi. $40.. woo hoo

Now they don't fit as well as some of the tailor made ones, but for the price i paid i can live with how they are. They also have side, front and rear pockets for things to.

Nice build Damo
    Grandpa spec 2010 Kakadu.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmanjc View Post
    Nice build Damo
    Cheers mate, Shes getting there.

So i rang the bullbar shop a few days ago, just asking if they had a rough eta on when the bar would be in. The guy said he will call Ironman and see. He then proceeded to tell me he is not sure and he would call me in the afternoon. No phone call. Called again today, spoke to another guy, long story short, should be to much longer. Its been 3 weeks since i ordered it and i am keen as mustard to put it on.

Lurker
    Looking good Damo. Will be interested to see what your thoughts are on the Ironman bar. Which one are you getting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12