Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Hey,

That's a good shock for the rear and I know John spaces them a little, you'll still have plenty of droop even at 850mm, prolly around 90mm, see here;

http://www.pradopoint.com.au/showthr...for-120-150-FJ

Best

Mark
    Yes, with the spacing I thought it was actually more then that when I did some tests, but either way it does seem to articulate and hang down well in the rear. Have extended the SB links also. I think I just need to decide if I change out the rear springs to get the height down a little..
    2016 Toyota Prado GXL auto. ARB deluxe bar, Rock Armor side steps, 9in Penetrator LED spotties (30,000LM), Uniden 8060 UHF, Bilstein/Dobinson 2in lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's, Safari snorkel, Dual battery system, ARB onboard compressor, Custom rear false floor, Kaon bash plates, Ext. diff/gearbox breathers, Provent 200, Wynnum tow bar, Roadsafe tow points, Phillips crystalvision bulbs, tint, Rhino rack platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrers View Post

I'm not a big fan of strut spacers and would never go over 6mm because of the additional forces. When i installed mine i also spaced the bump stop.
    Jeremy,
    Questions on your strut spacers - What's the reason for spacing out the bump stop? Is it to a avoid the shock reaching max compression before the bump stop hits? Did you space it at 6mm to match the strut spacer?

Can you recall the brand of strut spacer you used?

I want to add a winch soon which will add to my front sag issue and thinking a strut spacer may be an option..

Cheers
    Luke
    2016 Toyota Prado GXL auto. ARB deluxe bar, Rock Armor side steps, 9in Penetrator LED spotties (30,000LM), Uniden 8060 UHF, Bilstein/Dobinson 2in lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's, Safari snorkel, Dual battery system, ARB onboard compressor, Custom rear false floor, Kaon bash plates, Ext. diff/gearbox breathers, Provent 200, Wynnum tow bar, Roadsafe tow points, Phillips crystalvision bulbs, tint, Rhino rack platform.

Lurker
    Hi Luke, exactly spacing the bump stop reduces the chance of the shock bottoming out first. Can't remember exactly was around 4 to 5mm, not much. The bump stop is closer to the pivot point and therefore travels less distance.
    I got the spacers from 4WD1 at Castle Hill, they were about the only people who sold thin spacers. Most companies sell 10mm spacer which gives 20mm lift.
    Installing the spacers only look about 40min all up. Very easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12