Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    What are the rims?
    What's the tyre's manufacture date?
    Rims are the original Toyota ones that came with the car. As I mentioned before, did not have any issues with the stock tyres, so would have thought the rims should be fine?

Not sure about the manufacturing date. Will have to check tonight when I get home and report back.

Hi,

Your first post said the first time you'd driven the car over 100 kms an hour was after you put new tyres on, then really you don't know if it's the new tyres or the vibration was there all the time as you didn't drive it at that speed with the old tyres on - Doh? If a tyre has an issue the tyres shop would just replace it he would be covered by the manafacturer he wouldn't want to be do wheel balances and alignments 3 times. I don't know why we have to jump on shops as the first answer when you don't even understand your new car and your not comparing things equally. Some of the opinions here are very disappointing - one bloke said go and drive the dealer demo - did he not read you bought it second hand and it has 50000 kms?

Exasperated

Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    What are the rims?
    What's the tyre's manufacture date?
    Follow-up: Manufacture date is 0916, which I take to mean the 9th week of 2016.

What would you conclude from this?

Quote Originally Posted by REN470 View Post
    Some of the opinions here are very disappointing - one bloke said go and drive the dealer demo - did he not read you bought it second hand and it has 50000 kms?

Exasperated

He is new to Prado's and not sure if he actually has a problem. He said the dealer did a balance and rotation, ask them if they think what he is feeling is normal, it might be. A 2013 with 50k on the clock shouldn't be chalk and cheese to drive compared to a new demo. So if he takes one for a drive he can decide if what he is feeling is just how they drive or identify that there might be an issue that needs to be addressed. Nothing about blaming the dealer, just seeking their assistance. I would have thought they might know what is normal or not, and might even be able to help identify if an issue exists and suggest a resolution?

Just trying to help out a guy that has asked for help, cant see what is so disappointing about what I have suggested. Have not jumped on or blamed anyone, just suggested a couple of things to help from a diagnostic point of view.

You are exasperated but have provided no assistance at all that might help this person identify or resolve their issue, just had a crack at him and others that have tried to help.
    Last edited by zacaxel1975; 21-04-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Follow-up: Manufacture date is 0916, which I take to mean the 9th week of 2016.

What would you conclude from this?
    Thats OK on date, under a year old.

I think AMTS was more looking if they were really old stock perhaps, and had gone hard. That can sometimes bring noise and feeling into the sidewalls.

Blog Entries
    Get the car put on a hoist if you have access and run it in gear (at idle) this will allow you to see if the tyres are out of round (Bubbles etc).
    AT tyres can have an aggressive sidewall to tread and this can create a feeling through your steering wheel, especially when turning.

Im not a fan of BFG tyres personally, Ive seen similar issues. That aside it could be normal noise and feel from them.

Next step would be. Any other members located near you with similar vehicle/tyres? Coffee catch up and each have a little drive of each others cars. See what you both think..

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    Get the car put on a hoist if you have access and run it in gear (at idle) this will allow you to see if the tyres are out of round (Bubbles etc).
    AT tyres can have an aggressive sidewall to tread and this can create a feeling through your steering wheel, especially when turning.

Im not a fan of BFG tyres personally, Ive seen similar issues. That aside it could be normal noise and feel from them.

Next step would be. Any other members located near you with similar vehicle/tyres? Coffee catch up and each have a little drive of each others cars. See what you both think..
    Great suggestions. Thanks very much. Will give the tyre shop one more go next week and shall follow your advice if they can't fix it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12