Lurker

Winch Cradle for Sovereign Bullbar (GXL 03/2007)

Hi Forum!

New member, but already in the thick of needing advice!

I have an 03/2007 GXL Prado 120 - with the sovereign bullbar.

Toyota parts tell me part number is PZQ29601WC - but this has been discontinued. I'm keen to find best place to source this, as I'd like to add a winch to my rig in the future.

I do know of the existence of PZQ29602WC but I believe this is for late 07 and up 120's with a recalled bullbar, I dont know if this affects my car or not.

One thing Toyota suggested is finding out which local manufacturer actually built these bullbars for Toyota and calling them direct, does anyone have an idea on who that might have been?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Joe

The original bullbar mounts pre-"recall" are tube section and are weak. I wouldn't be adding a winch to that.

Do the "recall" mounts and then add the -2WC winch cradle.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    The original bullbar mounts pre-"recall" are tube section and are weak. I wouldn't be adding a winch to that.

Do the "recall" mounts and then add the -2WC winch cradle.
    Hi AMTS

Thanks for the reply - how do I go about doing the recall mounts? Is this something I should be able to get done with Toyota directly?

Here are the bits required to perform the "recall" and to add the winch cradle

PZQ29602WC 120 Winch Cradle to suit "recall" brackets
    PZQ296016ZBK 120 Sovereign bullbar recall kit (brackets only)
    PZQ296016ZFK 120 Sovereign Bullbar fitting kit (includes chassis pin)

Your Toyota dealer will confirm the parts needed.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    Here are the bits required to perform the "recall" and to add the winch cradle

PZQ29602WC 120 Winch Cradle to suit "recall" brackets
    PZQ296016ZBK 120 Sovereign bullbar recall kit (brackets only)
    PZQ296016ZFK 120 Sovereign Bullbar fitting kit (includes chassis pin)

Your Toyota dealer will confirm the parts needed.
    I called toyota and they said no recalls exist for my vehicle - but I think this could be a special case not general re-call?

Is there a way to tell if this new bracket has already been done easily? I only bought the vehicle ~2 months ago so not 100% sure on full history. I'll have another look through log book though.

Thanks,
    Joe

The "recall" was a CSE. CSEs have an expiry and it has already expired.
    "Recall" brackets look like this.
    My Rig Build up

Joe, if you PM me your email address I can send you the fitting instructions that show all parts and part numbers. I can also send you some photos of the parts. I went through all of this back in 2015 when I fitted a Superwinch X9 to my 120 - 2009 model

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by pnewfield View Post
    Joe, if you PM me your email address I can send you the fitting instructions that show all parts and part numbers. I can also send you some photos of the parts. I went through all of this back in 2015 when I fitted a Superwinch X9 to my 120 - 2009 model
    Is there any chance I would be able to get that info at all? I just purchased a bar and am unsure if the mounts have been updated. I also got an unfitted winch cradle but it looks like its completely wrong.

easiest way is to post a couple of photos, the original mounts are rectangle tubes and the image above is the new ones. is the winch cradle in a box at all with part number?