Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Odd. Ram has a lifetime warranty. Maybe get onto where you bought it and ask for another.

Same experience I had with the RAM Pod No Drill Vehicle Mount Universal, i found it wobbled, the surface is just too heavy.
    In the end I ended up with an hybrid, which is not ideal, but it works. I used the RAM Universal X-Grip® Cradle for 12" Tablets, which I bought together with the RAM Mounts (RAM-B-316-1-202U) Pod I Universal No-Drill Vehicle Mount with 18" Rigid Aluminum Rod and Round Adaptor Base. This combination did not work and wobbled too much. So I bought Delkin Fat Gecko Triple Mount and used the RAM cradle on it (the balls are not exactly the same size, but it works).
    I have done Fraser Island with it, and it did not fell off the window once, even after I got airborne and all other stuff fallen off. It was not an cheap solution, but unfortunately there is no cheap solution, as the surface is heavy (and I have it in a case too, which is heavy itself). It does sit bit high, and makes access to aircon controls difficult, and you cannot see the time/temperature either. It obscures your vision a bit too. It is a bitch to put it on properly, but once it is on, it does not come off. You can take the surface easily from the cradle, but the whole suction structure needs to stay for the whole trip, unless you fancy spending some time every time putting it back on.

some basic pics

IMG_0538.jpgIMG_0536.jpgIMG_0539.JPG

There are three different bits here. Sorry for the bad quality, it was done quickly with an iphone.

The RAM tablet holder.
    Part RAM flat adapter base that came off the Universal No drill vehicle mount
    Delkin Fat Gecko Triple Mount, where I have taken off the actuall camera adaptor and replaced it with the RAM flat adaptor base. The rod on the Gecko is of slightly smaller diameter then the original RAM, but it still fits

I asked RAM and they said:

Thank you for reaching out. The RAM POD mount is not really built for rugged applications. In this case, with exception of creating some sort of stabilizer or support, there are no available options through us to add more rigidity to this mount. We do make a more rigid mount in this style called the RAM POD HD, which is better suited to more rugged environments. I have linked you to an example of this mount below.

RAM-316-HD-202U
    which doesn't fill me with confidence!!

I would not trust it either, the problem with the wobble is not the mount as much as the attachment to the floor with one bold, and not being flat against the floor (at least 120 is not), so there will be a need for something with more then one anchor point, to stabilise it.

Blog Entries
    How heavy is a surface? I run a full sized IPAD and backset and find its fine. I don't get wobbling like your describing?

Hi Piggy

The Surface Pro 4 weighs 780g which is about 300g heavier than the latest iPad Air.

BigPat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12