Thread: Hankook Tyres

Lurker

Hankook Tyres

Hi Guys,

Time to purchase some new boots, I've been doing a bit of research and stumbled across Hankook's Dynapro ATM & Dynapro MT's.

My current tyre size is 265/65R17 and I was looking at going to 265/70R17 but have been told that's illegal here in QLD. He said I could go 255/70R17.

So my question - eventually. Is anyone running these tyres on their Prado? Am I better off just staying with the std sizes as opposed to trying to change them?

Prado GXL - 150 series - 2inch lift STD Rims

Thanks
    Troy

Advanced Member
    265/70 is perfectly legal in QLD. Find a new tyre guy as he obviously doesn't know shit. I'd go bigger (and I did). Std size sucks. The car was transformed offroad by going to a decent slightly bigger tyre.
    2007 GXL V6 - ARB Bullbar with LED lights, snorkel, extractors, 2 1/4" dual exhaust, K&N filter, dimpled/slotted rotors, headrest dvd players, Ebay Satnav/reverse camera, GME 3100TX, Tigerz11 Side awning on custom brackets with Maxtrax mounts, 300W Invertor, ARB Underbody protection, Lightbar and STZ 265/70 tyres.
    Wish list in order I'll get them: Sliders, 2" lift, E-locker, Winch bar with winch.

Blog Entries
    Yes running them, They are pretty good. I have the ATM's. Lost about 1.5mm tread in 35,000kms. Overall Id rate them highly. Low noise, good grip, perform well in the wet & Sand etc.

You will use more fuel going to a &0 series, and it will be slightly laggy on take off, Speedo may also be out slightly.

Been running the ATM's for just over 2 years and 50K. Still plenty of tread depth. Very happy with the way they perform on road and up the beach.

Lurker
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.