Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Got a set of 275/65r17 bfgoodrich 2 weeks ago and never look back. Sold the 20k AT20 x 4 for $250
    2015 Prado 2.8 D4D

Quote Originally Posted by prodoco View Post
    Got a set of 275/65r17 bfgoodrich 2 weeks ago and never look back. Sold the 20k AT20 x 4 for $250
    Good feedback - any noticeable change in fuel economy with the 275s

I haven't noticed any change yet, fuel consumption is around 9 mixed 40% hwy / 60% city
    Quote Originally Posted by jaco150 View Post
    Good feedback - any noticeable change in fuel economy with the 275s
    2015 Prado 2.8 D4D

Quote Originally Posted by jaco150 View Post
    My question - the Bob Jane special @ $309 - is that really a good price in order for me to get in on the special, or is it just another deal I would be able to get any day of the week with some arm-bending chat to the salesman?

Do not really want to drop about 1500 bananas with tread to spare on the old ones if not a really good deal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    It's a good price, but tyresales.co.au also have them for $308, but i went with the Pirelli Scorpion ATR which are cheaper again and suit my driving conditions perfectly.
    2007 120 GXL D4D 6sp Man - My Rig

You'll be able to get them for that price easy enough with a bit of hunting around so if you don't want to spend up now then don't worry about it too much.

Lurker
    We have a 2010 D4D VX, so sporting some 265/60/18s. Previous tyres on it were some cheap budget tyres. I got a quote from Bob Jane in Cannington for BFG KO/2 for $400 a piece, which was way too much for me. A mate of mine recommended me a different shop and the boys there gave me an alternate recommendation to the BFGs - Kumho KL61s - which I ended up putting on just yesterday @ $295 a piece. First thoughts is that they're really quiet on the road. We don't do much 4WD driving except the occasional twice a year camping trips where most of the 4WDing is on gravel or a little bit of beach.

My experience with AT tyres (and advice from various sources) is that they often start quiet but can (if not very well designed and made) get much nosier when they get wear down somewhat - due to the blocks being more likely to distort in various ways more than a touring tyre. So any AT tyre that is still quiet after about 60% wear is a key test.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234