Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great feedback guys
    Seems to be a lot of positives on both the yokos and also the BFG KO2
    I decided on a set of the BFG's for the Kakadu (265/60/18) Bob Janes at Frewville charged $408 per tyre fitted and balanced which I was very happy with. Didn't even have to haggle with them, they just said that was the 'going market rate' for that tyre and size this week! They have changed the entire look of the car with their rather aggressive looking side walls but so far I can honestly say they are amazingly quiet even at 100km/h.
    Can't wait to get them on the trails!
    Ben

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    As mentioned earlier the benefits of buying from Costco are much more than just the initial price. No wonder a small discount of $100 has people waiting.

If you were ever to get a puncture the cost getting that repaired would throw any saving out in one hit.

Although I do wish Costco sold Yokohama tyres. If past experience on a different vehicle was any measure to go by then Yoko's out performed, out lasted a premium (PREMIUM, mentioned twice) Continental by miles. Continental was just rubbish. Yoko's grip in wet was amazing, lasted 2x more than what a Toyota service person with 15 years Bridgestone experience said it would!

Hmmmm. After 6 months or so of checking that any Michelin promo's would also be applied to bfg's, today I rang up to order them only to be told that bfg's won't be included this time around...

Going to check again on Monday to see if I get a different answer. Anyone else been successful at Costco with the BFG?

Make sure you insurance is happy with tyres bigger than the recommended ones, if you have an accident and the tyres aren't the regular size, it may be cause to repudiate the claim

BOB Jane has a special on for BFG KO2 @$310 each for this month. Just ordered some.

Just noticed a Prado with Dunlop AT22. Not sure if this is replacing AT20?
    D4D. How long will it last?

Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    Just noticed a Prado with Dunlop AT22. Not sure if this is replacing AT20?
    Was that Prado a VX or Kakadu? They come with AT22 from the factory.

Our 2016 came with at22

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugswatter View Post
    BOB Jane has a special on for BFG KO2 @$310 each for this month. Just ordered some.
    Thats great news. I'll be grabbing 5 tomoz. Thanks m8.

I just called my local BOB Jane and they quoted me $450 a corner for the KO2 265/60 R18 to suit my VX - what size were the ones for $310??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Richie View Post
    I just called my local BOB Jane and they quoted me $450 a corner for the KO2 265/60 R18 to suit my VX - what size were the ones for $310??
    Gotta be 17"s. I don't see any 18" in the promo.

265/65R17 120S 265 65 17 120 S $309
    265/70R17 121/118S 265 70 17 121/118 S $309
    2013 ZR in Crystal Pearl With Bits From ARB Catalogue.

Gotta love our VX/Kaka 18" tyres. $50-$100 per corner premium over the 17" equivalents (for technically less rubber).

A couple of weeks ago I put on some Bridgestone D697LT to replace the 50k old AT22 standard tyres. Best price I could get was around $310 each from Kmart. Was cheaper from them over Bridgestone direct even with their $100 cashback promotion which makes no sense. Looked at the BFGs but they were over 400 bananas per corner for the 18"s.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123