Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lurker
    Thanks again guys, got the Yoko's fitted on Sat. Looks good and sounds better than I was expecting. Still early days so we'll see how we go..

Lurker
    Mate has 285 Yokos on his Prado and his Trayback before that. Loves them. Have seen them in action in some nasty rock tracks in Exmouth and sunk fast in wet beach sand trying to pull a (stuck) 2 tonne boat out of the water. They are impressive in action.

Lurker
    Costco deal is now active. I'll be getting some BFG's 265/65/r17's for my 14 Altitude prado. $100 off.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenithede View Post
    Costco deal is now active. I'll be getting some BFG's 265/65/r17's for my 14 Altitude prado. $100 off.
    $100 off what? How much is the discounted price? And I take it you are talking about BFG A/T KO2s? Thanks.

I only have the OME tyres on my new-ish Prado but I had Yoko HTS G051 and then Brid. 697s (non-LT) on a mark 1 Kluger.
    G051: good all rounder, quiet, decent wear, good, value
    697: Good grip but worn quicker than expected and quite noisy after about 20k wear.
    (I like the reviews of the Mich.AT but no experience)

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulco View Post
    $100 off what? How much is the discounted price? And I take it you are talking about BFG A/T KO2s? Thanks.
    Yep. BFG AT/KO2's. When I rang up and enquired about a price last week I was told $349. Costco's latest vouchers on their website which are active until the 4th June show a $100 off for Michelin tyres. Costco have already confirmed that they'll apply the discount to the BFG's.

$349 x 5 = $1,745 - $100 = $1,645.

Tyresales.com.au shows the BFG KO2's for $319 delivered. See here: https://tyresales.com.au/buy/tyre/bf...r17/125569?q=5

Lurker
    Yep, but there are added conveniences for me to get them at Costco. Lifetime rotation and balancing for one. Out of regular hours operation for another.

I'm always skeptical of tyresales.

Lurker
    Yep. BFG AT/KO2's. When I rang up and enquired about a price last week I was told $349. Costco's latest vouchers on their website which are active until the 4th June show a $100 off for Michelin tyres. Costco have already confirmed that they'll apply the discount to the BFG's.

$349 x 5 = $1,745 - $100 = $1,645.
    Thanks Zen, that's not a bad deal. I got 5 x BFG AT/ KO2s (265/65R17) from Bob Jane Penrith last month for $288 ea. I even told the guy at the shop that the best price I had found so far was around $320 ea so how come he was so cheap. His reply was a shrug of the shoulders and he said they get their tyres direct from Michelin Australia (Michelin own BFG apparently, I didn't know that) and he sells heaps. And yes the tyres are not made in Australia as no one makes tyres in Australia anymore. Mine are stamped made in USA. I've put a couple of thousand kms on them so far and am loving em. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Faulco View Post
    Thanks Zen, that's not a bad deal. I got 5 x BFG AT/ KO2s (265/65R17) from Bob Jane Penrith last month for $288 ea. I even told the guy at the shop that the best price I had found so far was around $320 ea so how come he was so cheap. His reply was a shrug of the shoulders and he said they get their tyres direct from Michelin Australia (Michelin own BFG apparently, I didn't know that) and he sells heaps. And yes the tyres are not made in Australia as no one makes tyres in Australia anymore. Mine are stamped made in USA. I've put a couple of thousand kms on them so far and am loving em. Cheers
    That's a good price, I recently got 4 the same size as you from Jax - they price matched tyresales.com's online price $324 ea
    Silver '04 KZJ120~Manual~GXL~Dobinson/Kings lift~Custom valved Ironmans~Detroit Locker~Endless Air~X9 Superwinch~Madman EMS1~TJM Dual Battery~Rhino Roof Tray~120W solar panel~Foxwing awning~Bushskinz UVP~Long Ranger water tank~Bushman fridge~Steinbauer P-Box~Beaudesert 2 3/4"~Airtec Snorkel~TJM Sliders~Prico Boost Gauge~BFG-KO2s~TPMS~GME TX3420~Front and Rear Cameras~Ultimate Camper hanging off the back!

Lurker
    Gees. $288 is really good. Maybe I should call my cousin (a tyre retailer based in NSW) before I head up to Costco!

Gees. $288 is really good. Maybe I should call my cousin (a tyre retailer based in NSW) before I head up to Costco!
    As mentioned earlier the benefits of buying from Costco are much more than just the initial price. No wonder a small discount of $100 has people waiting.

If you were ever to get a puncture the cost getting that repaired would throw any saving out in one hit.

Although I do wish Costco sold Yokohama tyres. If past experience on a different vehicle was any measure to go by then Yoko's out performed, out lasted a premium (PREMIUM, mentioned twice) Continental by miles. Continental was just rubbish. Yoko's grip in wet was amazing, lasted 2x more than what a Toyota service person with 15 years Bridgestone experience said it would!
    Last edited by wanted; 20-05-2017 at 01:47 AM.
    D4D. How long will it last?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast