Opposite Lock Wangara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposite Lock Wangara

I will never return to this shop ever and it is their loss as I spend many thousands of dollars on my 4x4 every year.

I will avoid them like the plaque.
    pradokakadudavid
    Last edited by pradokakadudavid; 04-06-2017, 08:04 PM.

And what was said product?

Comment

Warn cordless winch controller.
      pradokakadudavid
      Last edited by pradokakadudavid; 04-06-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

So how did the conversation go down between you and the sales person when you were looking at the wireless winch controller? For him to be the most nasty and belligerent customer service person you've ever dealt with doesn't seem right to me. What made him get like that if he infact did get like that? If he acted exactly like you described, unprovoked, you would've been well within your right to take it further right then and there because that's a "very" full on customer service experience that's definitely not on. But you bought the expensive product off him anyway and ended up throwing it in the bin? Huh? Or was your sales experience a pleasant one when you bought the item originally but things only went sour when you wanted them to further solve your delemma after your purchase? If you want them to relocate your controller so you can more easily plug in your wireless adaptor then I'd imagine that'd be at your cost for them to perform that work. My bulbar has 3 black rectangular plastic caps on top that can be popped out to gain access to the top of the winch. Big enough to fit your hand in there. I take it yours doesn't have this for easy access. Guess it'd be good customer service if they pointed out some pros and cons of the product if they knew where your controller was at the time of purchase. Can you start again and explain exactly what happened so we can understand the situation? Without any intent to offend you, try and explain it somewhere in the middle of what you would believe to be your version of the truth and their version, then we should get somewhere with this.

If you were in anyway mislead during conversation when you bought the product that it could work in a certain way with your current set-up, but in fact it didn't, then you're able to return the item for a refund plain and simple. But it is a grey area from your descriptions so we don't know exactly what went on. Some people will no doubt come across this thread at some stage when Google searching the 4wd store and the location, so all the facts need to be put on the table without any obscurities.
        Brett1979
        Avid PP Poster!
        Last edited by Brett1979; 11-05-2017, 09:44 PM.
        2005 120 series V6 Grande, 2 inch susp lift (King/EFS combo), 32 inch MT’s, Safari Snorkel, rear diff lock, breathers, Light Force spotlights, UHF, dual batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett1979 View Post
          So how did the conversation go down between you and the sales person when you were looking at the wireless winch controller? For him to be the most nasty and belligerent customer service person you've ever dealt with doesn't seem right to me. What made him get like that if he infact did get like that? If he acted exactly like you described, unprovoked, you would've been well within your right to take it further right then and there because that's a "very" full on customer service experience that's definitely not on. But you bought the expensive product off him anyway and ended up throwing it in the bin? Huh? Or was your sales experience a pleasant one when you bought the item originally but things only went sour when you wanted them to further solve your delemma after your purchase? If you want them to relocate your controller so you can more easily plug in your wireless adaptor then I'd imagine that'd be at your cost for them to perform that work. My bulbar has 3 black rectangular plastic caps on top that can be popped out to gain access to the top of the winch. Big enough to fit your hand in there. I take it yours doesn't have this for easy access. Guess it'd be good customer service if they pointed out some pros and cons of the product if they knew where your controller was at the time of purchase. Can you start again and explain exactly what happened so we can understand the situation? Without any intent to offend you, try and explain it somewhere in the middle of what you would believe to be your version of the truth and their version, then we should get somewhere with this.

If you were in anyway mislead during conversation when you bought the product that it could work in a certain way with your current set-up, but in fact it didn't, then you're able to return the item for a refund plain and simple. But it is a grey area from your descriptions so we don't know exactly what went on. Some people will no doubt come across this thread at some stage when Google searching the 4wd store and the location, so all the facts need to be put on the table without any obscurities.
          Wow just WOW!!!!

Pretty sure David can have a rant about any service he received about any shop he likes. In any event the locations should have been raised by the shop fitting the gear. If they did not know before installation they should have called mid fitment and given options.

I would be super F**** Pissed and would have lost it. When you pay top dollar for premium products you expect nothing but the best in performance and service. I would be contacting WARN to tell them of the experience you had David.

Pathetic. I don't like Opposite Lock as a whole. I used them once and once only. Being franchised stores your dealing with small business owners and alot of these blokes dont have a clue.

I know ARB charge like a wounded bull, but if customer service is what your after then use them. You can take your complaints all the way to the top.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Brett I can assure mate there are times when you dont need to do any thing to provoke aggression from a salesman, I once got told to piss of out a pool shop because I dared to ask why the boss didn't call me back about a product I needed to buy you night not get that shit up in Qld but we sure as hell get it here in Perth mate,
            service ? they couldn't spell it here....................
            Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

I have a Warn wireless controller permanently mounted to my winch, it works well. What's the problem with yours?
              [url=http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=12264]My Prado[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Danda View Post
                Brett I can assure mate there are times when you dont need to do any thing to provoke aggression from a salesman, I once got told to piss of out a pool shop because I dared to ask why the boss didn't call me back about a product I needed to buy you night not get that shit up in Qld but we sure as hell get it here in Perth mate,
                service ? they couldn't spell it here....................
                See that is the most absurd thing which amazes me to no end. So going by what you're saying it's common enough to be an expected sort of trait from shop keepers or sales people to treat customers rudely for just being yourself or asking seemingly harmless questions? And no we definitely don't get that in Qld. Sales people we deal with here are for the most part very friendly. I know some people out there have personalities that tend to attract trouble and bad experiences from other people. Ive heard often enough throughout my life that New York, Paris and Sydney have a lot of rude people but for Perth to have that reputation would be a new one I've never heard before. Good to know I guess. Don't have a go me for that because many people would've heard or experienced the same thing. I've got some family who live in Perth but never heard that reputation of sales staff before. Guess it just never came up in conversation. Never been to Perth myself though.

Ive often thought that butchers give the best customer service I've come across. Man they are friendly blokes to talk to. Are the butchers in Perth rude?
                Brett1979
                Avid PP Poster!
                Last edited by Brett1979; 12-05-2017, 06:59 PM.
                2005 120 series V6 Grande, 2 inch susp lift (King/EFS combo), 32 inch MT’s, Safari Snorkel, rear diff lock, breathers, Light Force spotlights, UHF, dual batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by slipperyskakadu View Post
                  Wow just WOW!!!!

Pretty sure David can have a rant about any service he received about any shop he likes. In any event the locations should have been raised by the shop fitting the gear. If they did not know before installation they should have called mid fitment and given options.

I would be super F**** Pissed and would have lost it. When you pay top dollar for premium products you expect nothing but the best in performance and service. I would be contacting WARN to tell them of the experience you had David.

Pathetic. I don't like Opposite Lock as a whole. I used them once and once only. Being franchised stores your dealing with small business owners and alot of these blokes dont have a clue.

I know ARB charge like a wounded bull, but if customer service is what your after then use them. You can take your complaints all the way to the top.

Yes Slippery, David can have a rant if he likes. I've course he can. I was just asking for further explanation & clarity because he's posted a red hot emotionally fuelled scathing message attacking a staff member & named a shop & location in the process he bought something off and his story had so many holes & omitted parts in it it wasn't funny. I'm sure there's a LOT more to the story & I like many others I'm sure want to hear all the bloody facts. Not 30% of the facts. 30% of the facts amounts to one persons version of the truth. So do you just go on and think the shop is outright guilty because he's come on here and slagged them off informing us of little of what actually happened. Mate if you want to be that black and white and two dimensional then God help you. All I want is the truth behind this story. It's no doubt got the potential to be an interesting one, but the full facts would be nice so when people read it later on they can make an informed decision for themselves because currently his argument carries little weight and will be fobbed off by lots of readers who will think he's just a bit tense. I'm trying to help him get his point across. Until I hear the full story, and not 75% of it while still trying to pry more out of him then I'll reserve my own point of view on what likely happened.

Just trying to get the facts dude
                  But like any good newspaper article why let the facts get in the way of a good story, right?
                  Brett1979
                  Avid PP Poster!
                  Last edited by Brett1979; 12-05-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slipperyskakadu View Post

Like Opposite Lock you will find that the majority of ARB stores are actually franchisee owned stores, ARB will have a company store in most capital cities but the many more are owned by small business owners with some owners having multiple stores like the owner of ARB Caloundra and Caboolture who has just opened the newest ARB store in Aust at Northlakes QLD
                    Like you though I like to shop at ARB but then again I have an interest being a company shareholder since purchasing shares when they were publicly listed in late 1980s and have seen that portfolio blossom over the years due to the companies innovated product, dealer support etc. The reason I purchased them was that I had a good experience with ARB fitting out my then HiLux and took a punt that the business might go gang busters.
                    In saying this I am sure some folk have had a bad experience with ARB.
                    New 2015 150s GX 5 seater with floor mats, towbar and a big wish list
                    Previously a 2004 120s 1KZ GX silver manual with stuff
                    before that a 1996 RV6 90S with lots of gear

Comment

I completely agree rags. I have a relative who owns a 4wd equipment store in the country. This person actually owned multiple stores himself at one stage a long time ago that were main competitors to one another in the 4wd aftermarket industry. He found one of the 4wd store's head office's for dealing with on a day to day basis a bit of a continuous let down & unreliable. So out of long term frustration he ceased doing business with that company and sold the store of theirs that he owned. He then bought & built multiple stores of that sold store's main competitor and did very well out of it for a very long time. He had seen the opposition store close to him not do too well afterwards, and was sold again and then bought by a rich kid with no real interest in the 4wd aftermarket game and have their experienced staff want to jump ship one by one and apply for jobs at his store.
                      Brett1979
                      Avid PP Poster!
                      Last edited by Brett1979; 14-05-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

See that is the most absurd thing which amazes me to no end. So going by what you're saying it's common enough to be an expected sort of trait from shop keepers or sales people to treat customers rudely for just being yourself or asking seemingly harmless questions? And no we definitely don't get that in Qld. Sales people we deal with here are for the most part very friendly. I know some people out there have personalities that tend to attract trouble and bad experiences from other people. Ive heard often enough throughout my life that New York, Paris and Sydney have a lot of rude people but for Perth to have that reputation would be a new one I've never heard before. Good to know I guess. Don't have a go me for that because many people would've heard or experienced the same thing. I've got some family who live in Perth but never heard that reputation of sales staff before. Guess it just never came up in conversation. Never been to Perth myself though.

Ive often thought that butchers give the best customer service I've come across. Man they are friendly blokes to talk to. Are the butchers in Perth rude?
                        No as you say they are great to deal with and no not all businesses here are bad in fact some of them cant be faulted but when it does go awry it takes you aback because you cant understand why a guy trying to run a business would go there but now and then they do BTW your bang on about New York some of the worst service we got was there they were definitely anti tourist for sure,
                        any how hope you didn't get the wrong idea but I just had to confirm I've had that happen to me more than once, my mate reckons it's because they get too much money (especially tradies) so if they lose one it's who cares dont know if thats true but its the only thing that makes sense as to why,
                        any how I wouldn't have a go at you mate it's just my 2 bobs lol,
                        regards,
                        Dave
                        Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

To be honest Brett, and others, I did not think it was appropriate to write pages and pages to explain my dilemma.
                          pradokakadudavid
                          Last edited by pradokakadudavid; 05-06-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Having just looked at the manual for the wireless controller and watched a couple of videos showing how the product works. With my 20 minutes of product knowledge it sounds to me like the original guy was right in a way. Yes it looks like it is a simple plug and play task and would only take a couple of minutes to install. However, that is minutes to install every time you need to use it, because the manual says you need to remove the receiver after using it.

This simple task gets harder when you need to get under your car when it is bogged or have to remove steel plates to get access to the winch. You could possibly leave the receiver in permanently like D4D said he has done above but you need to make sure it wont fall out or dirt or water doesn't enter the port. Could doing a dodgy and putting a bead of silicon around it to seal it up and kept in place be an option?

Your story tells me the boss guy had no idea about the product and just did the old "book it in, because it can take some time" really i have no clue or do not care to waste any more of my time on this sale trick. What is interesting is the 2nd shop saying that it would be no easy fit as well. You just need to plug the receiver where the wired controller goes so what is not easy about it? Were you sold the wrong kit in the first place hence the defensiveness when you returned to the shop?
                            Correct kit, simple plug and play. If the winch is not shrouded in steel and hard to get to.
                            https://www.warn.com/truck/accessori...trol_90287.jsp
                            Wrong kit. Wires hanging out of the receiver box.
                            https://www.warn.com/atv/accessories...ess_remote.jsp

Comment

Just for the record, this winch is pretty hard to get to under the ECB bar as it has no on bar control panel and I would not remove and replace it each time I went 4x4ing.
                              pradokakadudavid
                              Last edited by pradokakadudavid; 05-06-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                              mencisport.com
                              antalya escort
                              tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              gaziantep escort
                              gaziantep escort
                              asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                              erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                              atasehir escort tuzla escort
                              sikis sex hatti