Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Prado

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Would you buy the VX over an optioned GXL ?
    I'd think for the coin it's a leather optioned GXL or KAK
    KDSS is what I wanted, ready to purchase the '17 EOFY but there were hints from a couple of dealers re:3 T tow, so I opted to wait....now I don't know which way to go other than I would buy the Kak for a song or look at something completely different

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by bigowenb View Post
    Think i've extracted just about as much as the dealers are prepared to give.......Kakadu in Crystal Pearl/Black interior for $85,182 drive-away with the following Toyota accessories fitted.....Tow pack, Nudge bar, Aero roof bars, rubber Cargo mat, carpet front and middle row mats, Bonnet protector, tint 2 front windows and slimline number plates. Pretty happy with this considering RRP including accessories is $95,000+ and model was only released last week and is in short supply. Delivery early next week
    I dont suppose you could post a picture of your quoted price to help others on here haggle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
    I dont suppose you could post a picture of your quoted price to help others on here haggle?
    I could, but because i would blank out any way of identifying the dealer it probably wouldn't be much help. I wouldn't recommend anybody naming dealers that are giving good prices. I have learnt that some dealers get very nasty when there cash cow is being threatened by dealers with sharp prices. It's just a matter of shopping around. For example, i got this price from a dealer just over an hours drive away......passing 2 other dealers along the way that wouldn't come near that price. Both these dealers demanded to see the deal in writing before they would even consider trying to match it......which I know would have given them the info they needed to ring the offending dealer and abuse the crap out of them.

I could, but because i would blank out any way of identifying the dealer it probably wouldn't be much help. I wouldn't recommend anybody naming dealers that are giving good prices. I have learnt that some dealers get very nasty when there cash cow is being threatened by dealers with sharp prices. It's just a matter of shopping around. For example, i got this price from a dealer just over an hours drive away......passing 2 other dealers along the way that wouldn't come near that price. Both these dealers demanded to see the deal in writing before they would even consider trying to match it......which I know would have given them the info they needed to ring the offending dealer and abuse the crap out of them.
    I think blanking out the PII is absolutely fair enough and I also think that providing that blanked out contract to a dealer is still a very powerful bargaining tool. If they still don't accept that as proof then I would just go to the next dealer.

Lurker
    Thats fair enough. Local dealers do not like it if you buy at out of town dealerships. It looks bad on their cross-sell report.

4x4xClueless
    Think i've extracted just about as much as the dealers are prepared to give.......Kakadu in Crystal Pearl/Black interior for $85,182 drive-away with the following Toyota accessories fitted.....Tow pack, Nudge bar, Aero roof bars, rubber Cargo mat, carpet front and middle row mats, Bonnet protector, tint 2 front windows and slimline number plates. Pretty happy with this considering RRP including accessories is $95,000+ and model was only released last week and is in short supply. Delivery early next week
    That looks like one hell of a deal. I have a quote for Kakadu with metallic paint only at $83000, so you've managed to blag an awful lot for an extra ~$2k. I think the tow pack itself retails around $1800, the nudge bar goes for just under $1000, and bonnet protector about $200.

Well done, congrats!

Lurker
    I signed a contract on Saturday for a Graphite GXL with tow pack, fabric mats, rego with premium plates, loan car on service - for $64,500.00.
    Best other offer I received was $67,000.00. Original quote was over $71,000.00.

Lurker
    Can anyone confirm that the GCM has increased by 500k? I cannot find anything in the specs on toyota.com.au.

NZ model

Quote Originally Posted by Snouto View Post
    Limited version Kakadu?
    NZ models are a bit different in that they are not equipped with the second fuel tank and that allows the spare tyre to be mounted under the body. So no Kakadu here but instead the 'Limited' which is essentially the same as the Kakadu minus the extra tank. (Most countries have the NZ version).
    Rob

4x4xClueless
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
    NZ models are a bit different in that they are not equipped with the second fuel tank and that allows the spare tyre to be mounted under the body. So no Kakadu here but instead the 'Limited' which is essentially the same as the Kakadu minus the extra tank. (Most countries have the NZ version).
    Rob
    Ah okay, you're talking about NZ. That sounds essentially like the Altitude models here in Oz, which has been discontinued this refresh.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetandjanb View Post
    Can anyone confirm that the GCM has increased by 500k? I cannot find anything in the specs on toyota.com.au.
    Saw 5990kg quoted on net today. Have a Google search to confirm.

Auto trans has an oil cooler.

300kg ball weight was quoted by Northpoint Toyota and no stipulation for weight distribution hitch over a certain mass.

Would be great if GXL was available as 5 seater.

GX doesn't have diff lock as standard, ditto roof rails and running boards.

I wonder if these could be optioned??

Should make a good towtug.

Hill
    Last edited by Hill; 15-11-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Hi All,

I have created the following simple 2 question form (with additional optional questions) to get an idea of what people are getting their 2018 Prados for.

https://goo.gl/forms/ZkPgFK4gA2tLKSgG3

The live results can be found here as people fill out the form for everyone to see:

https://goo.gl/9kjE58

So if you have gone and enquired or bought a 2018 Prado, let us know the price you got it down to, and if you're like me and looking to buy, hopefully this little database will help your negotiations.

I have also posted this in a few FB groups.

Thanks

p.s I have taken the liberty of collecting some of the info already posted in this forum, a couple of pages back now, so if you have mentioned your purchase here, I might have already added it.
    Last edited by aronm; 15-11-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast