Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: 2018 Prado

Whats the consensus here on the new colour for Prado Peacock Black? I wonder how it would effect or not effect resale?

Quote Originally Posted by Desirable4Driving (D4D) View Post
    Whats the consensus here on the new colour for Prado Peacock Black? I wonder how it would effect or not effect resale?
    Have never understood manufacturers producing dark colours, and people buying them. Probably ok in northern Europe etc where the average daily temps are low low low... Here in Australia, the sun is hot, and dark cars are not as easily seen on the road as light colour cars on the road. Walk around an open car park in midday sun and test the car temps - dark cars are too hot to hold your hand to the paint! Dark cars also show dirt more easily than light colours.

Plenty of people buy black or near black cars, go for it
    2008 D4D M6 GXL [MT ATZ-P3][Whitey's Ironman 45710FE/45682FE+KTFR101H/Dob487][extended Roadsafe links][Polyairs][DBA T3/T2][amts diffdrop & recovery points][Tin175's stone guards][Bushskins BashPlate][ARB Sahara][IPF 900s][Snorkel][WindCheetah][MaxTrax][IC-440][Parrot Asteroid][ARB Fridge][Lifestyle 2nd Row Fridge Mount][ARB Compressor][Thumper][SandGrabbers][Cargo Barrier][Tigerz Awning][MCC Rear Bar]

4x4xClueless
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirable4Driving (D4D) View Post
    It’s the most likely colour I’ll be getting. Not sure why it should inadvertently affect resale, but with that being said my local dealer is selling off the older style prado and the wildfire red (also a favourite of mine) is being sold for less than the exact same vehicle in silver and grey.

It’s a nice subtle effect on the peacock black, seems to shift from solid black through dark blue and greens depending on the light.

Something sifferent from the depressing silver and greys and the common as much white you see everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Snouto View Post
    It’s the most likely colour I’ll be getting. Not sure why it should inadvertently affect resale, but with that being said my local dealer is selling off the older style prado and the wildfire red (also a favourite of mine) is being sold for less than the exact same vehicle in silver and grey.

It’s a nice subtle effect on the peacock black, seems to shift from solid black through dark blue and greens depending on the light.

Something sifferent from the depressing silver and greys and the common as much white you see everywhere.
    Yes that is the main reason I'm looking at this colour too. Silver, charcoal and white are just wayyy overdone. I currently have silver pearl so change has got to start somewhere. I notice Toyota are using peacock black on their tv ads too for the Prado.

I know darker cars are hotter to touch in the sun but they all come with a/c 😁

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Snouto View Post

Make sure you have a big box of tissues, because you will cry! lol......many years ago i had a Panther Black(black with green/blue metallics) Commodore.....it was a dust magnet and scratches grew before my eyes....your Peacock Black Prado will be fearful of the bush, that squealing sound you hear as the bushes kiss the duco.....i can see your eyes welling up now

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132