Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: 2018 Prado

Lurker

Red face

Picked up my new 2018 Prado a week ago - upgrade from 2014 model purely for 3 tonne towing as our caravan was close to 2.5T. So far it is so much quieter and nicer to drive. Lots of nice gadgets to play with as well and the driver information screen is very good. Paid $64500 - towbar, front sensors and mats. Downside is the DPF, but so far it has done one DPF burn whilst travelling through stop start city traffic - without having a Scangauge you would not notice apart from a slightly odd smell.

There was an article in our local paper about an Outlander having the AEB brake suddenly when there was no object in it's path. Got me thinking about the PCS in the Prado what would happen with 2.5T caravan on the back - so reading the handbook, PCS MUST be turned off while towing. Just have to remember to do that each time we tow.

G’day, interested if any Kakadu owners have used the different engine mapping when towing - did it make a difference and by how much.
    Thanks
    TC

Quote Originally Posted by Snouto View Post
    That would be brilliant, thank you!
    Hope this helps in your decision making...
    20171217_214059.jpg20171217_214217.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sydney_sider View Post
    Hope this helps in your decision making...
    That looks so much better than the Toyota brochure. It doesn't look nearly as gold as in the official photos.

Are you happy with the colour in the flesh?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 GXL 1KZ - ARB Deluxe Winch Bar - Safari Snorkel - Dobinsons/Ironman suspension - BFG AT 265/65/17 LT

Quote Originally Posted by abcxyz View Post
    That looks so much better than the Toyota brochure. It doesn't look nearly as gold as in the official photos.

Are you happy with the colour in the flesh?
    I like the colour. Its actually one shade darker than what came up in the picture. Also, I wanted something different from the overdone white, silver, graphite and black. I am now planning to have it opti-coated for ease of cleaning.

That looks really nice, the brochure did it no justice and no dealer had one to look at either. Shame as i really like that abcxyz
    ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445