Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snouto View Post
    Hi everyone, new forum member and first post

Just to add to the quote above and the thread in general, I was in the local Sci Fleet dealer yesterday and the full GXL quote with metallic paint was $68262.66 but they would sell for $62990 drive-away, so your estimate sounds about right (if we presume for a moment this is the price everyone gets without even asking). Leather option is another $3000. VX quoted at $80,042.36 drive-away but would sell for $73000. Spoke to another dealer who made all kinds of noises about "Is this the new car or the current car" and "that's really cheap" before eventually saying "I can definitely beat that price"

Definitely no KDSS on anything other than Kakadu, not even as an option on the VX.

Neither dealer had stock yet - the second dealer apparently didn't even have the price list from Toyota or details of what vehicles they would receive. Sci-Fleet did at least know what colours and grades they were getting. Neither really knew when the new model was going to be available, best guess from them was in a week's time.

Finally got a brochure too, and have uploaded a PDF version to Dropbox (14MB) for those who haven't seen it yet.
    Thanks for the link to the brochure, much appreciated. I've been holding off buying a Prado in the hope that they would upgrade the dashboard and in car entertainment. May seem pedantic but paying a premium I expect a modern interior. Still no Apple Car Play or Android Auto and still using the blue ray player in the kakadu? Seems way behind the times.They'd be better off scrapping the drop down blu ray monitor and adding screens into the front row headrests or providing IPAD holders. I dont really see the point in buying a 2018 over a 2016 GXL model at the moment. I guess thats why the price hasnt increased.

Comment

Just to add to the quote above and the thread in general, I was in the local Sci Fleet dealer yesterday and the full GXL quote with metallic paint was $68262.66 but they would sell for $62990 drive-away, so your estimate sounds about right (if we presume for a moment this is the price everyone gets without even asking). Leather option is another $3000. VX quoted at $80,042.36 drive-away but would sell for $73000. Spoke to another dealer who made all kinds of noises about "Is this the new car or the current car" and "that's really cheap" before eventually saying "I can definitely beat that price"

Definitely no KDSS on anything other than Kakadu, not even as an option on the VX.

Neither dealer had stock yet - the second dealer apparently didn't even have the price list from Toyota or details of what vehicles they would receive. Sci-Fleet did at least know what colours and grades they were getting. Neither really knew when the new model was going to be available, best guess from them was in a week's time.

Finally got a brochure too, and have uploaded a PDF version to Dropbox (14MB) for those who haven't seen it yet.
      Thanks for the link to the brochure, much appreciated. I've been holding off buying a Prado in the hope that they would upgrade the dashboard and in car entertainment. May seem pedantic but paying a premium I expect a modern interior. Still no Apple Car Play or Android Auto and still using the blue ray player in the kakadu? Seems way behind the times.They'd be better off scrapping the drop down blu ray monitor and adding screens into the front row headrests or providing IPAD holders. I dont really see the point in buying a 2018 over a 2016 GXL model at the moment. I guess thats why the price hasnt increased.

Comment

Great first post Snouto........spoke to my local dealer yesterday, they,re expecting stock to arrive overnight Friday morning for the official release, they're expecting 1x Kakadu, 4x standard GXL's and 1x GXL with leather option that they'll be using for there demo......all will be for sale(except the demo) on Friday. I did plan to update my VX with a new one, but looks like i'll be doing exactly what Toyota wants me to do in upgrading to a Kakadu.....couldn't live without the KDSS, but by-jees i'll be haggling harder than I've ever haggled before!! Also will probably wait until end of feb when the 2018 stock starts to arrive, buy now and its a year old in 7weeks!

Comment

• Hi, would anyone be able to tell me if the Kakadu has air suspension? Would it be possible to change the ride height on the fly?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigowenb View Post
            Great first post Snouto........spoke to my local dealer yesterday, they,re expecting stock to arrive overnight Friday morning for the official release, they're expecting 1x Kakadu, 4x standard GXL's and 1x GXL with leather option that they'll be using for there demo......all will be for sale(except the demo) on Friday. I did plan to update my VX with a new one, but looks like i'll be doing exactly what Toyota wants me to do in upgrading to a Kakadu.....couldn't live without the KDSS, but by-jees i'll be haggling harder than I've ever haggled before!! Also will probably wait until end of feb when the 2018 stock starts to arrive, buy now and its a year old in 7weeks!
            Thanks! Yeah about the build date, asked the young bloke I spoke to at the second dealer and he reckoned around April for the first 2018 builds. To be honest though he was only a trainee so I was taking everything he said with a fist of salt.

I’d love a Kakadu but the price is well outside my range. I may have been able to convince the wife to go for the VX but without KDSS it’s not worth the extra $11k for the leather seats, auto windscreens and cross traffic sensors, although the 360 camera looks nice.

I’m pretty hopeless when it comes to haggling but one thing that would help is knowledge of what a realistic purchase price is. Assuming the quote I received is standard (I didn’t even have to ask for it, after all) what would be a good target price? Is $60k realistic, or is it a better strategy to get as many inclusions as possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rorz View Post

With it being primarily a facelift you’re probably right about that, although it does come with extra safety features and 3tn towing that some will find useful.

The young trainee I spoke to said CarPlay isn’t in this release because Toyota don’t want to share car data with Apple. I don’t know how much of that is actually true and how much Toyota just wants to control the apps we see.

Comment

• Yes Android Auto and Car Play could be easily included but they never will because it is Toyota policy not to allow Google or Apple anywhere near their vehicles.
                How could Toyota charge over $300 for a two year old map if customers were able to see a current and up to date version? While I am on my favourite subject again I would urge all prospective customers to ask the sales person how old is the navigation in a brand new vehicle. It does look like the shape of the head unit has changed though? the screen looks a little bit higher but still small and as pointed out already a DVD slot?
                I couldn't see from the brochure if the engine is still Euro 5 emissions standard, this could be another question to ask the dealer, being mindful of current DPF issues. If it is still only Euro 5 it would reinforce my suspicions that Toyota treat the Australian market as a soft touch. Remember that it has been illegal to sell a new Euro 5 vehicle in Europe since 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnLynn View Post
                  It does look like the shape of the head unit has changed though? the screen looks a little bit higher but still small and as pointed out already a DVD slot?
                  I couldn't see from the brochure if the engine is still Euro 5 emissions standard, this could be another question to ask the dealer, being mindful of current DPF issues. If it is still only Euro 5 it would reinforce my suspicions that Toyota treat the Australian market as a soft touch. Remember that it has been illegal to sell a new Euro 5 vehicle in Europe since 2014.
                  Thanks for the tips.

I believe it's a CD slot in the dash, with the Kakadu having Blu-ray in the back.

As for GPS, the brochure states "Current navigation mapping database encompasses major capital and primary national road networks and offers some coverage in regional areas.". Make of that what you will, but it's not exactly giving much away. I had no idea Toyota would charge $300 for an out of date map but just so I'm clear on what you're saying, are we talking about a paid-for update to the in-car map software that costs $300 but is horribly out of date? Because that sounds ridiculous and possibly dangerous.

As for emissions, like you I can't see any mention at all in the brochure. What rating should we be hoping to see in the new models [edit: Euro 6 perhaps, but according to the Government website Euro 5 is still the current standard]?
                  Last edited by Snouto; 07-11-2017, 03:22 PM. Reason: emissions

Comment

• First genuine steel bar on a Prado (must have upgraded front shocks). GX and GXL only referring to brochure.

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

I believe it's a CD slot in the dash, with the Kakadu having Blu-ray in the back.

As for GPS, the brochure states "Current navigation mapping database encompasses major capital and primary national road networks and offers some coverage in regional areas.". Make of that what you will, but it's not exactly giving much away. I had no idea Toyota would charge $300 for an out of date map but just so I'm clear on what you're saying, are we talking about a paid-for update to the in-car map software that costs $300 but is horribly out of date? Because that sounds ridiculous and possibly dangerous.

As for emissions, like you I can't see any mention at all in the brochure. What rating should we be hoping to see in the new models [edit: Euro 6 perhaps, but according to the Government website Euro 5 is still the current standard]?
                      I bought my very first Toyota in late 2015 a manual GXL, at the time I presumed that being a new car it would have all the bells and whistles and be very up to date. At the dealers I excitedly entered my address in the navigation system to drive home and was amazed that my estate didn't exist even though it was built three years previously.
                      I have been moaning about this ever since! What made me irritated about the issue was Toyota's attitude. I spent months complaining to Toyota "guest experience centre" WA consumer protection, a senator and as many "high ups" as I could find.
                      Eventually a "new " map was released which was given to me (to shut me up) but it was two years old when released by Toyota. as far as I know that is the latest issue and I expect it to be fitted in the brand new vehicles. Yes they do charge $300 for a new sd card with this map on!
                      There is nothing a customer can do about this as the head unit is locked down to prevent adding your own software, a video in socket was removed in 2015 to prevent an interface being connected.
                      All new cars sold in Europe have had to comply with Euro 6 since 2014, they will probably introduce Euro 7 soon. My cynical mind thinks that if Toyota have a lot of Euro 5 engines which I guess are cheaper to make then they will "dump" them on to markets that haven't changed their regulations to demand Euro 6.
                      JohnLynn
                      Last edited by JohnLynn; 07-11-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I bought my very first Toyota in late 2015 a manual GXL, at the time I presumed that being a new car it would have all the bells and whistles and be very up to date. At the dealers I excitedly entered my address in the navigation system to drive home and was amazed that my estate didn't exist even though it was built three years previously.
                        I have been moaning about this ever since! What made me irritated about the issue was Toyota's attitude. I spent months complaining to Toyota "guest experience centre" WA consumer protection, a senator and as many "high ups" as I could find.
                        Eventually a "new " map was released which was given to me (to shut me up) but it was two years old when released by Toyota.
                        There is nothing a customer can do about this as the head unit is locked down to prevent adding your own software, a video in socket was removed in 2015 to prevent an interface being connected.
                        All new cars sold in Europe have had to comply with Euro 6 since 2014, they will probably introduce Euro 7 soon. My cynical mind thinks that if Toyota have a lot of Euro 5 engines which I guess are cheaper to make then they will "dump" them on to markets that haven't changed their regulations to demand Euro 6.
                        Thanks for that, interesting stuff. I can understand your cynicism but if I may take a Devil's Advocate position for a moment, if the Aus government only legislates Euro 5 requirements then shouldn't it be them receiving your ire? Of course it would be wonderful if Toyota did the "right thing" but in the world of business, the "right thing" tends to be whatever makes business the most money. I can't find specifics but if the Japanese emissions standards are similar to Euro 5 then - as you suggest - it would presumably be cheaper to keep making them to that standard.

As for the GPS fiasco, that just plain sucks. Nothing like taking away that new car feeling with something as crappy as out-of-date GPS maps. Good on you for fighting the good fight.
                        Last edited by Snouto; 07-11-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rorz View Post
                          Hi SFB77 are you saying you have ordered a 2018 GXL and can receive delivery of it by next week? I was told I wouldn't be able to get one until Jan 2018 if i ordered when they officially launch in Early Nov 2017
                          Hey mate, thats correcf. Will pick up mid/late next week. He told me they have sold over 100 so far across their dealerships (3). And he believed first shipments were almost gone and then after that anyone ordering would have to wait till Jan/Feb. while I agree not alot has changed i do believe these will sell well as they are offering something thats never been offered before on any previous model...LEGAL 3 tonne towing with GCM OF 5990 straight from the showroom floor with no mods which actually appeals to alot of people. But kills the value a little of previous models.

Comment

Yes Android Auto and Car Play could be easily included but they never will because it is Toyota policy not to allow Google or Apple anywhere near their vehicles.
                            How could Toyota charge over $300 for a two year old map if customers were able to see a current and up to date version? While I am on my favourite subject again I would urge all prospective customers to ask the sales person how old is the navigation in a brand new vehicle. It does look like the shape of the head unit has changed though? the screen looks a little bit higher but still small and as pointed out already a DVD slot?
                            All valid points however, in fairness not unique to Toyota. Mazda is notorious for selling new vehicles with up to 3 year old maps and ALL manufactures are having DPF issues, a look at other brand forums will prove my point......and as for worrying about Euro emission standards, thanks to them there'll no diesels available OS in 5 years anyway.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah about the build date, asked the young bloke I spoke to at the second dealer and he reckoned around April for the first 2018 builds. To be honest though he was only a trainee so I was taking everything he said with a fist of salt.

I’d love a Kakadu but the price is well outside my range. I may have been able to convince the wife to go for the VX but without KDSS it’s not worth the extra $11k for the leather seats, auto windscreens and cross traffic sensors, although the 360 camera looks nice.

I’m pretty hopeless when it comes to haggling but one thing that would help is knowledge of what a realistic purchase price is. Assuming the quote I received is standard (I didn’t even have to ask for it, after all) what would be a good target price? Is $60k realistic, or is it a better strategy to get as many inclusions as possible?
                              From my experience new year Japan built Prado's arrive last week of Feb and Thai built Hilux's arrive last week of March.
                              It's always good when haggling to keep it nice (nobody likes to be abused) and work between a couple of dealers, don't fall for the "this price is only for today"......and most of all, they're not your friend.

Comment

• Got sent this from dealer:
                                GX 5 Seat Manual RRP $53,490; Auto $56,490
                                GX 7 Seat Auto $59,040
                                GXL 7 Seat Manual $59,990
                                GXL 7 Seat Auto $62,990
                                GXL + Premium Interior 7 Seat Auto $66,490
                                VX 7 Seat Auto $73,990
                                Kakadu 7 Seat Auto $84,490
                                PLUS Onroads

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X