Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lurker
    How on earth do you measure 5psi?
    btw. just rang the airbagman and I now have a manual for my airbags.
    cheers

With a pressure gauge
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Out of control poster! mjrandom's Avatar
    Digital bicycle gauge. I run the fat bike tyres down to 3 or 4psi. Use the same gauge on the polyairs
    Bluestorm mafia and maybe one or two other vices.
    My 150: http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...-D4D-automatic

Lurker
    Thanks mjrandom. Learn something new every day. Supercheap also have a low pressure tyre gauge I've just found out. Might even go and buy a bike pump.

Lurker
    Nuther question if I may for sweatpea et al (and anyone with airbags). Where (and how) have you got your valves placed. Mine have been mounted through the plastic bumper about 6 inches behind the mudflap. Seems to me like this asking to have a rock hit it. I'm thinking I might need to change the position.
    cheers

Advanced Member
    On my 120 I made up a little bracket and had them behind the little cutout in the middle of the bumper [ not there on the 150]

I have a standard Toyota tow bar and the trailer socket is mounted on a bracket on top of the tow bar to the left of the tow yolk..

The airbag valves are on a bracket to the left of and attached to the trailer socket battery.

I had the original small mudflaps and the front of the trailer was sand blasted and the trailer shockers were destroyed by flying rocks. The bumper about half way from the mudflap to the rear has significant stone chipping. I now have the longer mudflaps .

At the least in your situation I would bend up a metal bracket to protect the valves. Just a right angle bracket with two holes to be held on with the nuts on the valve stems should suffice.

S.
    155 SX with dual battery and Polyairs in the rear springs..

I have mine the same as sweetpea. Installer originally wanted them to put them in the bumper (up near the tow bar). Even when I told him where I wanted them he tried to insist on mounting them in the rear bumper. Told him to loop them up and I would do it myself if he wouldn't put them where I wanted. I supplied the bracket (trailer socket mounting bracket from supercheap that was cut to size) and he installed them where I wanted in the end.

Lurker
    Thanks guys - I'll see if I've got enough tube to shift mine.

One combo not discussed much is Dobinsons 350/325 (or 350/327) with Dobinsons monotube shocks (without reservoir). The shocks are meant to come in a couple of variants with adjustable height and valving. I quite like the idea of a single supplier for fitment and all parts. No towing planned currently and no bull bar or heavy loads in my case. In particular I want to resolve the lack of body control on undulating roads with my 2.8 GXL.

To be honest, I was so overwhelmed with how many choices there are, I just decided to take it to ARB and get them do put their OME gear in, with an Airbag Man high pressure kit. Upside being local installer with nationwide network and 3 year warranty..

Now I'm sure its not the best in the market, nor the cheapest etc... But straight up, its a 100% totally different and better ride than it was before. Very happy with finished product, and I guess that's what counts right? Airbag kit surpasses expectations also, which I'm stoked about.

*Should mention, haven't given it a good workout on corrugations yet, but have done probably 3000-ish highway kms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgoorlieprado View Post
    To be honest, I was so overwhelmed with how many choices there are, I just decided to take it to ARB and get them do put their OME gear in, with an Airbag Man high pressure kit. Upside being local installer with nationwide network and 3 year warranty..

Now I'm sure its not the best in the market, nor the cheapest etc... But straight up, its a 100% totally different and better ride than it was before. Very happy with finished product, and I guess that's what counts right? Airbag kit surpasses expectations also, which I'm stoked about.

*Should mention, haven't given it a good workout on corrugations yet, but have done probably 3000-ish highway kms.
    I've had OME suspension on two previous vehicles (hilux and prado 90) and been more than happy with it. Will be installing soon in the 150.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast