Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Lurker
    Ok thanks, I haven't noticed any white smoke but inside the tailpipe is black so I'm sure theres something wrong. How long did they say the repair would take, I've got a trip planned in 10 days time. Also can I ask which dealer in Brisbane.

Micko if the tailpipe is black your DPF has a problem. There should be (virtually) no soot whatsoever.
    If do the finger test on my tailpipe you would struggle to see any soot on my finger and the outside of the tailpipe is dirtier with road grime...

Push for a new DPF - tell 'em it blows some white smoke if you have to!
    Cheers
    Micheal.

2008 GXL D4D Auto. GOING... GOING... GONE
    2015 GXL 1GD Auto. And it begins again...

Quote Originally Posted by Micko2005 View Post
    Ok thanks, I haven't noticed any white smoke but inside the tailpipe is black so I'm sure theres something wrong. How long did they say the repair would take, I've got a trip planned in 10 days time. Also can I ask which dealer in Brisbane.
    Rather not post who, did try to send you a pm but cant for some reason

Lurker
    No worries

Quote Originally Posted by 120D4D View Post
    Micko if the tailpipe is black your DPF has a problem. There should be (virtually) no soot whatsoever.
    If do the finger test on my tailpipe you would struggle to see any soot on my finger and the outside of the tailpipe is dirtier with road grime...

Push for a new DPF - tell 'em it blows some white smoke if you have to!
    Are you sure that the black in the tailpipe indicates a problem of DPF? I did the finger test on my vehicle and another disco sport (5months old). Both left black on my fingers, although the Prado left more sort of particle. I also did see big black smoke a few days ago when I roared up to a steep slope (or I would be late..). At that time, the vehicle was burning the dpf and still not completely warm up.
    Do these suggest I should go to dealer immedietely? Or can I wait till next service? The dealer usually needs the vehicle for a whole day.
    The vehicle is 2016 2.8, 1.5 years old, 56000km. All serviced in the dealer where I bought it.

Mines gone up by about 2L/100 around town since the update.. not impressed... Might take it back to em for a look over

Quote Originally Posted by leolhcao@gmail.com View Post
    Are you sure that the black in the tailpipe indicates a problem of DPF? I did the finger test on my vehicle and another disco sport (5months old). Both left black on my fingers, although the Prado left more sort of particle. I also did see big black smoke a few days ago when I roared up to a steep slope (or I would be late..). At that time, the vehicle was burning the dpf and still not completely warm up.
    Do these suggest I should go to dealer immedietely? Or can I wait till next service? The dealer usually needs the vehicle for a whole day.
    The vehicle is 2016 2.8, 1.5 years old, 56000km. All serviced in the dealer where I bought it.
    You shouldn't be getting any soot on your fingers, the DPF should be catching it. I'd be talking to the dealer, especially with the black smoke...
    Cheers
    Micheal.

2008 GXL D4D Auto. GOING... GOING... GONE
    2015 GXL 1GD Auto. And it begins again...

Lurker
    I got my 10k service done last week and Toyota did the ECU Update. Have been getting a steady 9.4 - 9.5 l/100km prior to the update. Now I'm sitting at 10.0 l/100km having done 400km...same daily hwy route and same fuel (always the same BP station with BP ultimate)...

I also asked them about not being able to get into 6th gear +100 kph unless in Cruise Control or take foot off the pedal momentarily. I was told that a reprogram was done...not fixed.

Will give it a couple weeks and see how it goes...

Cheers,
    Brian
    2016 Landcruiser Prado GXL, 2.8l Diesel, AT - Graphite
    Leather seats/door trim and towbar
    ProVent Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by BRR234 View Post
    I got my 10k service done last week and Toyota did the ECU Update. Have been getting a steady 9.4 - 9.5 l/100km prior to the update. Now I'm sitting at 10.0 l/100km having done 400km...same daily hwy route and same fuel (always the same BP station with BP ultimate)...

Will give it a couple weeks and see how it goes...

Cheers,
    Brian
    I also asked them about not being able to get into 6th gear +100 kph unless in Cruise Control or take foot off the pedal momentarily. I was told that a reprogram was done...not fixed.

Everyone needs to complain about the 6th gear. Its almost pointless having it. Iv'e had all the updates and no change. Complained to Toyota direct and told its normal and no one is complaining. Dealership said only way something would get done is if a lot of people complain about it.

Thanks
    cuda
    2016 2.8l 6spd Auto Prado Crystal Pearl VX, Dual Battery, Pro Racks, Towbar.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post

Everyone needs to complain about the 6th gear. Its almost pointless having it. Iv'e had all the updates and no change. Complained to Toyota direct and told its normal and no one is complaining. Dealership said only way something would get done is if a lot of people complain about it.

Thanks
    cuda
    G'day,
    I had the update done some time ago, my problem was a bad change when cold. The update fixed it for a while.
    As far as 6th gear goes, the update had some effect on that, it will lock up at lower speeds, but will unlock at the drop of a hat.
    I have told my dealer the transmission is not good at every service.
    Having said that, it's a good transmission for driving in the NT, sitting on 130, it changes less.
    Last edited by chrisb55; 17-08-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb55 View Post
    G'day,
    I had the update done some time ago, my problem was a bad change when cold. The update fixed it for a while.
    As far as 6th gear goes, the update had some effect on that, it will lock up at lower speeds, but will unlock at the drop of a hat.
    I have told my dealer the transmission is not good at every service.
    Having said that, it's a good transmission for driving in the NT, sitting on 130, it changes less.
    Ah sounds like the same issue they had on the 200 series. Top gear was useless unless you were travelling at 130km/h. Was eventually fixed 2 or so years later after being released by a firmware update.

Thanks
    cuda
    2016 2.8l 6spd Auto Prado Crystal Pearl VX, Dual Battery, Pro Racks, Towbar.

It really needs a 'current gear indicator' like the Mazda6

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast