Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    This is an interesting if slightly worrying thread. Now that I have my MY Sept 2015 GXL back on the road after a six month lay up I have been monitoring the DPF thanks to ExNissan posting how to read the DPF% on torque pro.
    As posted earlier by Cuda you can see the increase in 2% increments until 100% then a burn takes place with temperatures up to 750C with the % going down again until 6% when it stops.
    I haven't noticed any problems (yet) although it has seemed to do a regen quite frequently. I only notice as the stationary revs raise to 1200 rpm
    I haven't had any updates but am due for a service (see my other thread moaning about it) and I have nothing shown in "my garage" part of the toy motor website. I will ring the servicing dealer to hear what they have to say but possibly this update does not apply to a manual?
    Obviously I can select 6th gear at whatever speed I want, and as far as my brief monitoring with torque pro suggests that the burn temperature is high enough already.
    There is a lot of info about DPF on the net and the temperature needed for a burn appears to be over 600C. I have noticed that my highest temperature was recorded stationary at 1200 rpm it was less while driving.
    Lastly I would question how anyone would know unless you are monitoring the exhaust temperature etc that a burn was taking place during normal driving. The only clue I had was the increased idle speed when stationary.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLynn View Post
    Lastly I would question how anyone would know unless you are monitoring the exhaust temperature etc that a burn was taking place during normal driving. The only clue I had was the increased idle speed when stationary.
    increased fuel consumption via Current consumption

PE

Yes good point I hadn't thought of that. Is there a noticeable increase in fuel consumption during a burn after the update? this would prove whether more diesel is being injected into the exhaust after the update.

I normally notice the burn when I start the car or while stopping at traffic lights. The increased revs are quite noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLynn View Post
    Yes good point I hadn't thought of that. Is there a noticeable increase in fuel consumption during a burn after the update? this would prove whether more diesel is being injected into the exhaust after the update.
    yes, very noticible, while my readout is set to current normally it sits around the 8lt per hundred, then during a burn it shoots up to over 12 lt per hundred, i've actually pulled over and noticed the revs at idle are higher, and air suction on my snorkel is alot more too.

PE

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011