Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    My thoughts are, Prado's weigh 2.5 tonne on average, have a smallish 2.8 litre engine, with a 6 speed auto. All that is fine, but the moonshot gearing is the problem.....way to tall for that engine to carry the weight. Top gear i think should have the engine spinning at around the 1800-2k rpm at 100km/h........If i keep ours long enough, I'd like to investigate lowering the final drive ratio before any power mods, would make a massive difference i reckon.
    Cheers.
    2016 1GD GXL 6 speed auto, ARB colour coded summit bar, LED driving lights, duel batteries, BF Goodrich tyres, window tint.

I don't think low range is all that low either so could you just opt for diff gears

That all said if they want heat to clean the DPF we'll load at low rpm will do it

Well, 7000km's after the ECU upgrade and after using the car no differently (well, actually, I've left the 30kg's worth of recovery gear out of it for the past 2000km) my computer is showing an average of using 0.6L/100km more than it did before the upgrade. Seems fairly similar according to some on here.

I wonder - does this change the official ADR rating of the car? Or (I suspect not) does the testing even run long enough for a DPF burn to occur?

Lurker
    Blog Entries
    Yes my is the same using 0.5l of diesel more than before. Not happy with this.I will be writing to Toyota with complaints ,and suggest everybody effected do the same.
    This is very good reason for class action if not resolved to our satisfaction.We were mislead about the car real fuel consumption when buying

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910