Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker

Heath's 2016 150 Kakadu

Long time lurker but thought I should add something.

Purchased a 2016 150 Kakadu earlier this year. (It was brand new when purchased. Had been sitting on the lot for a few months).

A visit to the local 4WD centre had the following on order. (After a small heart attack at the price).

Tyres

A bit of eBay & other shopping had a few other items on the way.

Other things to consider in the future

• Car Seat Covers?
    • Roof rack - Probably Rhino with the fishing rod holder (Not sure what to do considering the SunRoof)
    • Sandgrabba or similar mats
    • High lift Jack
    • MaxTraxs or similar
    • Suspension & Lift? (Got a lot more reading to do about what can be done to with KDSS)
    • Fridge/Freezer

Photos

Before.jpg

IMG_4949a.jpg

IMG_4950a.jpg
    Last edited by Heath.; 17-10-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Looks great Heath. White Prado, White ARB Bar - is there any other choice?!

You should have bought some ARB shares before that huger order, so you could have earn't some of your 'investment' back again!
    Cheers
    Micheal.

2008 GXL D4D Auto. GOING... GOING... GONE
    2015 GXL 1GD Auto. And it begins again...

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by 120D4D View Post
    Looks great Heath. White Prado, White ARB Bar - is there any other choice?!

You should have bought some ARB shares before that huger order, so you could have earn't some of your 'investment' back again!
    Thanks. I was tempted to buy some! The guys at the local 4WD shop gave me plenty of freebees because of the order (Hats (x3), Gloves, Extra Recovery Damper, Can coolers etc). Can't complain about the service I received from them. But it was a heart attack writing out the cheque. (especially when i know I am not finished).

I looked at a few of the cheaper options out there but (E.g. Recovery kits etc) but read some dodgy reviews which made me think twice.

Location limited my options as I wanted someone who was local and didn't want to have to travel for hours to get any issues addressed.

Nice setup, agree you needed ARB shares

If you're looking at the rhino pioneer platform you can get a shorter version that doesn't sit over the sunroof.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Nice setup, agree you needed ARB shares

If you're looking at the rhino pioneer platform you can get a shorter version that doesn't sit over the sunroof.
    Thanks! I will have a look at that. Do you know which size I should be look at?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath. View Post
    Thanks! I will have a look at that. Do you know which size I should be look at?
    Pretty sure it's the 42100B, ~1500 long

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...1236mm-_42100b

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Pretty sure it's the 42100B, ~1500 long

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...1236mm-_42100b
    Thank you

Lurker
    Why didn't you mount the light bar on your bull bar so your not blocking the front mount camera?

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by foxdingo View Post
    Why didn't you mount the light bar on your bull bar so your not blocking the front mount camera?
    Front mount camera was moved in the process. Pic attached shows where it is now. (When I placed the order they said there was a kit on the way to deal with the problem.).

I was concerned about the radar cruise control having issues with the light bar but it see's other cars without any issues.

IMG_4950a_Camera.jpg

Hi Heath,

How do you mount the camera on the bullbar? Where did you get the mounting kit or you make it yourself?

Thanks
    Sam

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by SamOME View Post
    Hi Heath,

How do you mount the camera on the bullbar? Where did you get the mounting kit or you make it yourself?

Thanks
    Sam
    Hi Sam,

Local 4WD Centre (ARB distributor) did it. When I placed the order they said that ARB had a kit to do it. On the invoice is just lists it as "Camera Relocation Kit".

Regards,

Heath

Car looks mean as!

Well done.

There was a guy on here who had a lift on their Kakadu, Slippery I think his name is, might want to see if you can ask him, although I seen his Prado on Carsales.

Just a question about your light bar, I can see it's not mounted on your bull bar, not worried about the bat blocking some air flow into the engine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast