Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep, can't complain with the result!
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

I have noticed a problem with my BFGoodrich KO2 tyres purchased in March last year.

After inspection the other day I noticed the centre area of the tread on 3 of my tyres is starting to crack/split.
    At the moment the splits are not very deep possibly 2mm.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Unfortunately I am unable to post a picture {photobucket doesn’t seem to work now) but after investigating a little deeper I managed to find some images on the net with people in the states having the same problem as I have.

The rep is going to inspect them this week so I am hoping for a positive outcome.

Not something I expected to happen after such favourable reviews.

https://goo.gl/images/PM2owh
    Last edited by Bushki; 16-10-2017 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Adding

Blog Entries
    Seen them delaminates so many times. I'm not a fan of them for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    What tyres do you use?

I switched from BFG to Bridgestone. The Bridgies are better on the road but have worn much faster than the BFGs and aren't as good in rough conditions. I was going to go back to BFG but not so sure now, what tyres do you use?
    Steve

2010 Silver GXL Prado 150, D4D Auto, with a few non standard bits

Lurker
    Interesting comments there, I had KO1's, for four years, never had de-lamitation issues, found them great onroad and offload. Mates have them, and love them to, different experiences for different people I guess.

Blog Entries
    I've run a fleet of 4wd for quite a number of years and have a couple mates who have literally hundreds in their fleet up around the mines.
    Most of us had similar issues with BFG. Even when giving a new model a chance it always bit us when they caused issues.

Coopers also has similar issues. But no where near as bad.

Mickey Thompson have given us all a great run.

Currently testing some hankook on the hwy vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by simong View Post
    Interesting comments there, I had KO1's, for four years, never had de-lamitation issues, found them great onroad and offload. Mates have them, and love them to, different experiences for different people I guess.
    The KO1 runs a rim protector too !

I've run a fleet of 4wd for quite a number of years and have a couple mates who have literally hundreds in their fleet up around the mines.
    Most of us had similar issues with BFG. Even when giving a new model a chance it always bit us when they caused issues.

Coopers also has similar issues. But no where near as bad.

Mickey Thompson have given us all a great run.

Currently testing some hankook on the hwy vehicles.
    have they tried the Toyo's ?
    2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

Blog Entries
    We've run the toyo on the stadium super trucks for a couple years. They are pretty good. Haven't yet tried them on fleet vehicles as we are still testing some others. Certainly on the list.

I've had the Toyo AT II's for over a year now. They have been great on and off road.
    I know I got a pretty good deal from local Tyreright store, $1100 for 5 tyres and free rotation and balances at 5000km then every 10000kms thereafter.
    20000km and hardly any wear. After they replaced the Dunlop Graptreks, it felt like I had a new suspension.
    2012 Crystal Pearl Prado Altitude 150 Diesel Auto. Toyota mats and rear rubber mat. Toyo Open Country AT2's 265 65 R17 LT. OEM nudge bar. dual battery set up with Optima D34, rear power points front and rear Anderson plugs. Lightforce LED combi light bar. Kingsley side steps. Outback Ideas recovery points. Dr Air Pro 150 ltr air compressor. ARB 60 ltr fridge. GME 3550s UHF radio. Hema HX1.

Advanced Member
    Now live Brisbane Nth side QLd prev Blue Mts,NSW
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratepete View Post
    I've had the Toyo AT II's for over a year now. They have been great on and off road.
    I know I got a pretty good deal from local Tyreright store, $1100 for 5 tyres and free rotation and balances at 5000km then every 10000kms thereafter.
    20000km and hardly any wear. After they replaced the Dunlop Graptreks, it felt like I had a new suspension.
    Thanks for that feedback, I have been considering these same tyres
    New 2015 150s GX 5 seater with floor mats, towbar and a big wish list
    Previously a 2004 120s 1KZ GX silver manual with stuff
    before that a 1996 RV6 90S with lots of gear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12