Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    I used to think the same

For heavy towers, the springs can still be supplemented with coil assist airbags.
    Side note question: Do you think you could rig the existing compressor up to the coil assist airbags? So in effect, all you are doing it adding coils to the rear? So everything works as it should, but now there is no risk of a bag popping and running on bumpstops? As to me, as a Kakadu owner, would be the best outcome.
    2009 150 D4D Kakadu | Ebony Blue | TJM Winch Bar

Quote Originally Posted by ephesiangts View Post
    Side note question: Do you think you could rig the existing compressor up to the coil assist airbags? So in effect, all you are doing it adding coils to the rear? So everything works as it should, but now there is no risk of a bag popping and running on bumpstops? As to me, as a Kakadu owner, would be the best outcome.
    Coil assist airbags are meant to have pressure added without the load. So it works slightly differently to the factory airbags whereby, due to the fold in the airbag, it allows the airbag to expand and contract with air volume.

To rig coil assist airbags up to the factory compressor, you would need to take the height sensor control out of the loop and instead, add a pressure dial into the loop.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    Coil assist airbags are meant to have pressure added without the load. So it works slightly differently to the factory airbags whereby, due to the fold in the airbag, it allows the airbag to expand and contract with air volume.

To rig coil assist airbags up to the factory compressor, you would need to take the height sensor control out of the loop and instead, add a pressure dial into the loop.
    OK thanks amts,

Worth a shot. I really like the auto height adjustment (part of reason of buying the Kakadu) but am dubious now them failing. I guess to counteract the risk, I can replace backs with new ones. But like some have said above, more have not failed than have!
    2009 150 D4D Kakadu | Ebony Blue | TJM Winch Bar

Hi Andrew,

Is there a sale thread somewhere for the springs? I can't seem to find a link to pricing, etc.
    Kaka Latte Club SWMBO
    2009 Toyota Prado 150 Kakadu V6 Auto, TJM T13 steel Winch Bar, Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, IPF 900XS spotties with HID globes, Uniden 7760NB UHF, BFG KO2 265/70/17 rubber, Dobinsons C59-726 front springs, Roadsafe Recovery Points, Bushskinz Bash Plates, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Roo Systems Awning, Traxrax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12