Thread: Sliders

Lurker

Sliders

Good morning fellow 120ers.

I am after some advice / direction on which to go with some rock sliders.

My prado currently has a 2inch lift, 275/70/70. I was out some some 4x4ing the other night, and noticed on a couple of occasions my sills came close when doing some rock steps and climbs. I never worried about it in the past as my last cruiser has 4 inch lift and 35s so sill clearance wasn't an issue.

Sliders instantly went up the priority list. I want to keep the prado for a long time, and now tax time has come i'm looking at buying some soon.

Powerful 4x4 and iron man sliders are around a similar price. I have read mixed reviews about both. Has anyone had any experience with these? My next option is, getting custom made. I have seen southern cross fab have a special on currently, and i can a set delivered for around the 650 mark.

If i do get custom made, am i better to have them angled with the sill, or a straight step?

I have been stung in the past buying cheap gear, so i want to ensure whatever sliders i get go the distance. Any input would be appreciated, or if know any fabricators who make a good slider, i am all ears.

Cheers guys

Search for AJ120 sliders on here ...I'm sure he'll be along soon enough if he still makes them

i have tjm side steps on my 120 prado wich has a 2" lift and they are very practical , the offer side protection but help access the vehichle , IMG_2014.jpg

ARB has also finally started (about 6 months ago) doing sliders and brush bars for 120, but they are not cheap at around $1300 or so for the set (with brush bars). I will be going to the Mel 4x4 show next week, and see if I can get a discount on these. I have ARB bar.

I have the Powerful sliders => they work well for me, haven't even bent them......yet