Lurker

Buy 3 get 1 free Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15 - Any Reviews??

Hi All,

As a long time lurker, I've pretty much been able to find every answer i have needed about Prado's here.
    I currently run Grandteks AT22 (265/65/R17) and I'm due for some new Rubber which I will be upsizing to 265/70/R17.

Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15 seem to fit the bill for me, I drive exclusively on either Highway (weekday commute) and Beach (Bribie, DI, Fraser) - no other offroading (i like my weekend beach fishing ).

With Yokohama offering Buy 3 get 1 Free I haven't been able to find too much info on the Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15.
    I've been quoted $305 each fitted which with the Buy 3 get 1 free offer works out to be $915 for a set of 4 or BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 (my second choice) for $309 each. or $1236.

I'm of the theory that the GO15 as the less aggressive tyre will work better for me on the beach (won't dig down), give me some sidewall protection and be more comfortable for my daily commute compared to the BFGs.

What are peoples thoughts, anybody currently running Geolander GO15?

I have only seen GO12 reviews.

Blog Entries
    YOKO = Crap. BFG In my opinion = Crap too. Seen so many of them delaminate. Read the recent thread by a BFG buyer who got shafted and lost nearly 300 to get warranty from them on a delaminated from factory tyre.

I"d go bridgestone D694 or 697 over them. I see in the Bridgestone threads that they put up a 4 for 3 offer today.

what bout michelin primacy

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    I"d go bridgestone D694 or 697 over them. I see in the Bridgestone threads that they put up a 4 for 3 offer today.
    Thanks the D697s might be the goer hey at least i've seen some reviews good and bad with the D697. They are also going at the same price as the Yokos with the 4 for 3 offer today.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEEXL View Post
    what bout michelin primacy
    Michelin site doesn't appear to show if they come in the 265/70/17 (only 15,16 or 18?)