Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratepete View Post
    I have 2012 Altitude diesel and love it. Has many of the features of Kakadu. Main items that are different, no KDSS, no front camera, no plastic wood grain dash. Still have leather seats, same sound system & sat Nav, front and rear parking sensors, moon roof, DVD player & screen, rear camera, dual tank.

Didn't want KDSS as easier to upgrade suspension plus has 17 inch rims. For what I'm missing cf Kakadu it was perfect for me.

Go the Altitude with lower kms. Bastards stopped making them now with rear spare and have smaller fuel tank, otherwise would be the Best Buy you could get n a Prado.
    Same sound system ? JBL 16 Speaker ? Cool box is an awesome feature... Have you driven a vehicle with KDSS ? There's no comparison. Suspension was easy to modify. Rear height Control Airbags for towing is another awesome feature... Does the Altitude have the TEMS ? Comfort and Sport settings.
    Also I don't think the Altitude has Toyota's Crawl Feature' s ?
    Does the Altitude have memory seats ? Heated front and Rear Seats ?
    Electric Rear Seats ?

My questions are questions cause I'm not sure if the Altitude does have all those features...

Not being a smart ass but there miles apart on specs....

Just my 2cents worth

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just read about the 2017 spec Alty.. not bad at all...

For me no kong range tank and not being able to fit one either would lose me. Prados drink 12l a 100km that's only 500kms before the fuel light comes on

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+1
    Pearl white kakadu rolling on fuel hostage 18" with 285 60 18

Kakadu is a great machine but for nearly $30k less with Altitude, can go without a few upmarket features.
    Saving in dollars went nearly half way towards a Bar Crusher ��
    2012 Crystal Pearl Prado Altitude 150 Diesel Auto. Toyota mats and rear rubber mat. Toyo Open Country AT2's 265 65 R17 LT. OEM nudge bar. dual battery set up with Optima D34, rear power points front and rear Anderson plugs. Lightforce LED combi light bar. Kingsley side steps. Outback Ideas recovery points. Dr Air Pro 150 ltr air compressor. ARB 60 ltr fridge. GME 3550s UHF radio. Hema HX1.

KDSS is good, today the guy following Behind me on high speed dirt roads was amazed how well it stayed level around corners. ride is plush have the freedom to run BP51 shocks soft and still handles like it's on rails thanks to KDSS
    They all had to pull over and air down as it was too rough I had no dramas running my Std 32psi ( cold ) road pressures.

Consol fridge gets used every day
    Factory rear locker, MTS, Crawl control.
    DVD player / sound system.
    Makes 1 hell of a capable and comfy Tourer.

If your going to use the 4wd features I think it's worth it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12