Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker

Kakadu 152K 2011 or Altitude 97K 2012 same colour, same condition, same price!

Please help!

Is 55K less kms worth losing all the friut on the Kakadu?

My first post...

Glenn

Well, only you can answer that.
    But
    Easy question if I was the buyer - I'd go for the 55,000 k less. That's three years of camping and caravanning for me.
    Has the 152k vehicle had the timing chain done? Might make the decision even easier if the answer is "no".
    150 GXL D4D Auto - Graphite
    Sandgrabbas front, middle, boot. Toyota towbar. Uniden 7760NB UHF radio, AT870 Aerial
    Dual Battery System & Anderson plug by Wynnum Tow Bars.
    Tough Dogs & King Springs all round, Air bags to rear, Safari snorkel.
    ECB hammertone Big Tube winch bar (no winch). Golf Savannah 499 pop top 'van 1990 Kg ATM.

Do the 150s 3lts run and belt or chain ?

Does the altitude run the spare under the car, that alone with loosing the fuel capacity would be a deal breaker.
    Kakadus are great mate, hard too look past in my opinion

Lurker
    The timing belt has been changed at 150k
    Spare is still on tailgate so 150l tank for both.
    Under spare seems to have started with 2013 update.

Ok so next question

Do you intend on doing any touring / 4wding ?
    If so i would go with the Kakadu given it's in the same condition as the altitude
    Factory Std the Kakadu is very capable

The condition of the car is what i would look at closely a well maintained landcruiser will go around the clock
    Last edited by Phs; 14-09-2017 at 05:03 PM.

kilometers kill cars

if your not in a financial position to buy a new kakadont then buy the lowest kay version of a lower spec model IMHO

55000km is 3 yeas closer to being at the end of its life

lots more on the kakadont to fail and need repairing and its closer to getting to stage in its life...

I have 2012 Altitude diesel and love it. Has many of the features of Kakadu. Main items that are different, no KDSS, no front camera, no plastic wood grain dash. Still have leather seats, same sound system & sat Nav, front and rear parking sensors, moon roof, DVD player & screen, rear camera, dual tank.

Didn't want KDSS as easier to upgrade suspension plus has 17 inch rims. For what I'm missing cf Kakadu it was perfect for me.

Go the Altitude with lower kms. Bastards stopped making them now with rear spare and have smaller fuel tank, otherwise would be the Best Buy you could get n a Prado.
    2012 Crystal Pearl Prado Altitude 150 Diesel Auto. Toyota mats and rear rubber mat. Toyo Open Country AT2's 265 65 R17 LT. OEM nudge bar. dual battery set up with Optima D34, rear power points front and rear Anderson plugs. Lightforce LED combi light bar. Kingsley side steps. Outback Ideas recovery points. Dr Air Pro 150 ltr air compressor. ARB 60 ltr fridge. GME 3550s UHF radio. Hema HX1.

I'd also go the Altitude. Think about why the seller is selling - one is approaching 100,000 kilometres - a common point for someone to say that's enough. The other one is either just before or just after a major service at 150,000km's... I'd go the altitude. As others have said, kilometres kill cars...

Lurker
    Altitude certainly drives better than the kaka
    Thanks guys

I just bought a 2012 Altitude with 66000km on it. As Piratepete said most features are on the Altitude the the Kakadu has. Def go for a lower mileage car if you can.150.jpg
    2008 V6 GXL Graphite, Sovereign bar, LED spotties, BFG A/T tyres, King Springs on rear with KYB off road shocks, Engel 40lt fridge, Dual batteries, Uniden CB.

Kakadu

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

150kms is nothing... get the fruit... the Altitude & VX are not near the Kakadu's spec

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast