I'm back with a 2012 150 GX. Toorak Tractor

Hey guys,

Was on here years ago with a 90 Series Prado and have just spent 5 years in an 80 Series Turbo Diesel.

I've jumped back on board with a 150 Series Prado GX.

3.0L Turbo Diesel, Auto
    Ironman Bullbar, Scubs, Steps and underbody armour
    Ironman 14500lb winch
    Dual battery (is this factory?)
    Roof racks
    Lights

Plan to add on rear bar with carriers, rooftop tent and awning, 2" lift, 32" all terrains, UHF, Stereo, Rear Drawers as well as a few odds and ends like gauges, seat covers, matts

The old girl:

New rig:

Will be frequenting here from now on!

-Rob
    <Rob>
    '93 HZJ80 - Turbo Intercooled, 35's, EFS 3" lift, Part-time 4WD, ARB Winch Bar, Winch, Raslarr Rear Bar, Raslarr Sliders/Scrub Bars **FOR SALE**
    '12 Prado GX - Turbo Diesel, Ironman barwork and winch

Thew new rig sure looks sweet with Quite a few years ahead of her ....

Of course you are from melbourne but did you up grade with a trip in mind, maybe something something amazing.
    Last edited by Tonz; 28-09-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Lurker
    Ive got the same car but 2013 i have been looking at the doninson 2 inch lift what are you planning to fit thoughts? Your 150 looks great

Welcome back. Nice tidy looking rig. Dual batteries are not standard and for new suspension check out the multiple posts on the ironman group buy setup Whitey has almost finished (can you see the end yet Whitey?). I have it installed on my 2014 GXL diesel and it is superb.

Jarrodjess - haven't looked into kits yet. Had Ironman in the 90 Series and that was ok, sagged pretty quickly though. Had EFS in the 80 series and that was great. Will look into all of the options when the time comes!

bazzang - my last experience with Ironman wasn't great (sagged quickly and they weren't interested in replacing under warranty, their solution was to offer me coil spacers). I will look into them again though as that was over 5 years ago and everyone seems to be happy with the group buy gear

As for other stuff, I've got myself a couple of little bits from Solidkit to fit - a dual usb port and dual battery monitor which looked pretty neat
    http://www.solidkit.com.au/product/p...it-volt-meter/
    http://www.solidkit.com.au/product/h...-on-and-lc200/

Also got some Wetseat covers and floormats on the way.

And next major item will be wheels and tyres, most likely FJ rims or similar with 275/70/17s on them
    <Rob>
    '93 HZJ80 - Turbo Intercooled, 35's, EFS 3" lift, Part-time 4WD, ARB Winch Bar, Winch, Raslarr Rear Bar, Raslarr Sliders/Scrub Bars **FOR SALE**
    '12 Prado GX - Turbo Diesel, Ironman barwork and winch

Mate I'm sorry to tell you that that SolidKit Dual volt meter, which is a quality bit of gear,
    will turn you OCD...

Just try to not constantly look at what your voltages are doing... I dare you!

IMG_7669.jpg
    Cheers
    Micheal.

2008 GXL D4D Auto. GOING... GOING... GONE
    2015 GXL 1GD Auto. And it begins again...