Lurker

Hi/low shift problem

I'm having troubles with the transfer shift (2010 diesel auto GXL). Auto in neutral, vehicle stationary, switch to high, appears to engage high but the Lo light flashes and beeps. Tried the usual tricks, in and out of gear, reverse etc. Definitely in high, eventually stops flashing after about 500m. No problems shifting in and out the next few attempts, but then select low, light comes on the dash but definitely not in gear - vague gear grinding noise from the 'box. Fortunately nowhere really difficult, just wanted low for a long climb to stop the auto temp light from coming on.

Anyone encountered this? I'll check the Scangauge for faults.

This sounds like a problem discussed in a thread about the transfer actuator motor failing.

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by krypto View Post
    This sounds like a problem discussed in a thread about the transfer actuator motor failing.
    Well, that sounds cheap!

Thanks, I'll search for that.

Here is a link. http://www.pradopoint.com.au/showthr...t-engage/page2

Beware that in the end the guy had to buy a new one. There was some problem with setting the zero position of the unit from the wrecker.

I would suggest Amyama for the part if you need to replace it as it will generally be a lot cheaper.

Good luck!
    Steve

2010 Silver GXL Prado 150, D4D Auto, with a few non standard bits