Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The fridge and solar is showing the right wire gauge - 6B&S. The first link doesn't say, and the 2nd link says 8B&S. So I wouldn't get either of those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by amts View Post
    The fridge and solar is showing the right wire gauge - 6B&S. The first link doesn't say, and the 2nd link says 8B&S. So I wouldn't get either of those 2.
    Haha no problems, I like the idea of having Andersonís and just plug and play but might be wishful thinking!

So for me it looks like the best solution is to have the setup as showing in the following image, this site was incredibly informative and very helpful if anyone plans on taking on a dual battery system project.
    I probably wont carry out the project for awhile.

Instead of having the anderson located on rear of car have it located in back.

The one final question I have is as he mentions in the quote below
    "All cable lugs used with the 6 B&S cable are far too big to be crimped with standard crimping tools, so they should be crimped by an auto electrician, or you can solder them if you have a gas torch, they do take a lot of heat to solder on properly."
    Any suggestions on the best way to go about this myself is buying a tool worth it or would it cost just the same to get an auto electrician to sort out the lugs?
    Also any more suggestions on if this is the best route to go or any tips let me know.

Cheers,

You could buy an Anderson Plug crimping tool off EBay for $17-$18. It's designed for larger lugs. Double your wiring back over in the lug prior to crimping for a mechanical strength fit. Even get two pairs of hands on the crimping tool when crimping if need be to add 50% more to your own strength.
    Last edited by Brett1979; 12-01-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    98 GXL 3.4L V6: TJM 2" lift, Airtec snorkel, TJM T15 steel bull bar, 8500lbs T-Max winch, 100w Roo Lite Spotlights, TJM alloy roof cage, Dual batteries, breathers to everything, TJM Air Compressor, Comforser CF3000 muddies. Home made battery box to power the camp site. ODO = 374,000km.

I have an Arkpak and itís fabulous, will easily run my ARB fridge for 3 days and it can be topped up by driving or connecting a solar panel to it too last longer

Quote Originally Posted by stephcott View Post
    I have an Arkpak and it’s fabulous, will easily run my ARB fridge for 3 days and it can be topped up by driving or connecting a solar panel to it too last longer
    sounds like a good setup!

I ended up going the VSR route with a baintech v1 powertop i got off gumtree for $350, the vsr kit is this https://www.australiandirect.com.au/...DBWK8MMVSR2AND

all up ~$500 which I think should go great, the kit only has 8b&s not 6b&s but im happy with that. will let you guys know how it fairs when i rig it up. The australiandirect guys have some great videos and seem to know what heir talking about so going to trust the vsr kit is a good product!

Advanced Member
    I've been reading reviews on Arkpak stuff and I'll be steering clear for sure.
    The Baintech stuff looks the goods or DIY if you've got the time and knowledge.
    Edit: Another brand is AustralianDirect. Decent range of options.
    Last edited by BiLLz0r; Yesterday at 08:35 PM.
    2007 GXL V6 - ARB Bullbar with LED lights, snorkel, extractors, 2 1/4" dual exhaust, K&N filter, dimpled/slotted rotors, headrest dvd players, Ebay Satnav/reverse camera, GME 3100TX, Tigerz11 Side awning on custom brackets with Maxtrax mounts, 300W Invertor, ARB Underbody protection, Lightbar and STZ 265/70 tyres.
    Wish list in order I'll get them: Sliders, 2" lift, E-locker, Winch bar with winch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12