See less

Titan Rear Drawer Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by TCT888; 31-07-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Last edited by TCT888; 31-07-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I just installed my set delivered for $460 fro 900 drawers and wing kit to Perth. I could not go past the cheap price. It took a long time to install but i was not going to spend a 4-5 hour weekend marathon, so i broke it up over a few days.
        I used the 3rd seat bolt holes and cut away some of the carpet and underlay and was able to re use 2 of the 4 bolts for the front bracket, For the other holes closer to the rear door i went to Bunnings and bought a 4 pack of metric thread bolts, 30mm long, $4.80. The 2 front bolts were not quite long enough to use with the supplied washers but they have a flared head on them. The bolt holes in the body are very tight and longer bolts will not tighten down very far. The 2 bunnings 30mm bolts were the perfect length to use with the washers and tighten down fully.
        Centering the double drawers was easy as there are marks on the rear plastic door trim, but i did have to loosen and adjust slightly to fit the wings.
        The wing install did not quite sit perfectly level with the drawer tops but the 2 edges sit flush and still looked neat. I could have raised the drawers by 10mm but to me the hassle of that outweighed the hardly noticeable slightly un-level wings. I did have to use spacers on the wing brackets, 10mm nuts to push the wings out so the fridge slide and top panels would fit snugly. The fridge slide is stiff but i dont mind that as i know it is secure and wont rattle. I will be using it as a prep/food table as i dont have a fridge yet anyway.
        The biggest hurdle i had was trying to work out where the drawer stops go, the instruction sheet and videos online brushed over placement and fitting. I could only find one bolt hole on the drawers to fit the stoppers which came with 2 holes per stopper and 8 bolts, of which i only used 4. 2 per drawer.
        My jack and handle, wheel nut wrench all fit under the left wing which covers the compartment which housed it originally. Other side wing is room for jumper leads and rope/straps.
        Very happy with quality and fit, multiple screw holes for hex bolts all lined up very well, apart from rubber stoppers.
        So far on paved roads very secure and no rattles, with 2nd row seats flat they are the perfect height for a fold up clark rubber mattress, front seat forward a little and i can lie flat [190cm] Plenty strong enough to lie on with mattress. Wing kit is room for wife and i to sleep in.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo29560 View Post
          I used the 3rd seat bolt holes and cut away some of the carpet and underlay and was able to re use 2 of the 4 bolts for the front bracket, For the other holes closer to the rear door i went to Bunnings and bought a 4 pack of metric thread bolts, 30mm long, $4.80. The 2 front bolts were not quite long enough to use with the supplied washers but they have a flared head on them. The bolt holes in the body are very tight and longer bolts will not tighten down very far.
          If you are using the child restraint fixing points I think they are not a standard metric thread. I think 7/16"UNF and 1/2"UNC. Probably why they wouldnt tighten down.

I installed the single drawer set into my prado beginning of the year. What I found was the bearing support bolts didnt bring the bearings in far enough and only one of each pair was on the drawer runner. Also the metal side were bending in as a result of the weight of drawers pushing down on the bearings.
          I thought I posted here on what I did to rectify it but here is a post on another site.
          You might not have the problem on the inside sets but the outer ones are fitted to fairly thin side sheets and Ive seen photos of other installs and some are bent before the installation.
          Heres a photo of a new set and the right hand top roller has started to bend up
          Attached Files
          https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/-120-series-discussion-only/general-120-series/22266-what-did-you-do-to-your-120-today?p=748171#post748171
          Last edited by sparksy; 13-09-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, i noticed some of the roller bearing bolts were at weird angles but it did not affect the movement of the drawers, just made it more difficult to insert the drawers. Maybe i should check if all the runners are engaged. I must admit after reading about the weak side sheets i was worried about too much flex in the drawer frame but with drawers and tops not fitted i made sure i rocked it side to side after bolting to the floor, and only the vehicle moved.
            I bolted to the 3rd row seat holders and the existing shorter bolts definitely screwed down tighter than the 30mm long bolts i got from bunnings. I got the impression that the nylock bolt holes were only short in depth, but it could have been a different thread problem, although they looked the same.
            Compared to many Ikea builds i thought everything went together quite well. I have since read many negative online comments about all of Kings equipment, purchasers being called 'povo ferals' haha, this was after comparisons between Kings led light bars and the ARB light bar for $1000.

Comment

Working...
            X