Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARB bullbar not whinch compatible. Options??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB bullbar not whinch compatible. Options??

Hey guys,

I bought an 07 120 petrol a couple of years ago and am taking it up the Cape in a couple of months.

I just now realised the ARB bar on the front has no whinch cutout and the guy at ARB said I will need to purchase a new bar as they can't be retrofit.

Where might I buy a second hand whinch compatible bar for not much money

or

Has anyone retro fit one of this with a whinch cradle. This is probably not a good idea as the bar probably wasn't designed to carry a whinch and be subjected to those stresses. I want to do it properly.

Let me know your thoughts.

Charlie.
    Last edited by Charlie1975; 10-04-2018, 12:51 PM.

Do you think that the separate winch cradle that is the genuine toyota part would fit behind the ARB bar. Finding a second hand winch bar is becoming difficult and if it is good condition it is almost the same as some cheaper new ones. About $1,000 or more.

Comment

Hi Charlie1975 are you travelling in a convoy with others who might already have winches installed? Perhaps you donít actually need a winch?

Iím not sure how youíd go about modifying a bullbar considering theyíre designed to meet ADR including the airbag system. Also, Iím not sure if insurance would pay out if you were in an accident with a modified bullbar?
      2012 Prado 150 GXL 3.0,Pioneer Platform,Kaon Cargo Barrier,Redarc Tow Pro Elite,Roadside Recovery Points,Davies Craig Trans Cooler with Kaon Brackets, HPD Catch Can.

Comment

Sorry, wrong thread.
        Last edited by Atherton; 11-04-2018, 09:30 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread.

Comment

Yeh binder_rik I do agree it should be done properly. And no travelling with a mate in single vehicle.
          Last edited by Charlie1975; 10-04-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Atherton, PM sent.

Comment

Sounds awesome. Enjoy!
              2012 Prado 150 GXL 3.0,Pioneer Platform,Kaon Cargo Barrier,Redarc Tow Pro Elite,Roadside Recovery Points,Davies Craig Trans Cooler with Kaon Brackets, HPD Catch Can.

Comment

Ccheers, will be great.

Comment

Working...
                X