X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amts
    started a topic Grease for brake caliper pins

Grease for brake caliper pins

I was inspecting the rear brakes trying to find the source of the squeal only when reversing. From the inspection port, I can still see the groove in the brake pads but upon dismantling the calipers, I found that the pads have uneven wear - thin on one end, thick on the other. Similar to this photo

So the caliper pins needs a clean and regrease. Any recommendations on the correct grease to use?

• campbell
    replied
    Yes of course, the prado caliper is designed well. Can't say that about 2008 Hilux though unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• gxl_d4d
    replied
    You can take out the slide bolts on the rear calipers to grease them. The rubber boot is just a dust seal.

Leave a comment:

• campbell
    replied
    Bendix blue satchels $2.50 in a small cardboard box on shelf near the brake pads. My 2008 GXL rear caliper pins are sealed with rubber boots, greased and are clean and pads wear evenly. My 2008 Hilux has exposed pins (front) that get dirty and the inner pad wears unevenly like yours. Can't grease them without collecting dust. Rears are drums!! Hilux is so ancient, Prado is good.

Leave a comment:

• BiLLz0r
    replied
    I have the Bendix grease in the satchets too. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• amts
    replied
    Thanks for that. Good to know that is can double as antiseize. Doesn't appear to be many Google hits of stores selling these.

Leave a comment:

• gxl_d4d
    replied
    The big tube is around $30 from repco. You can use it as antiseize as well, it doesn't melt or run when hot.

Leave a comment:

• Pugaree
    replied
    Silicone grease, Bendix do a small satchel for about $5.

https://www.bendix.com.au/news/bendi...ts-lubricant-0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X