What diff ratio do I have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What diff ratio do I have?

Hi guys was hopeful that someone can help me out quickly on this one. I have a 2005 prado gxl diesel auto and have blown the rear diff. And need to get another so that I can slip in the Elocker that I want. Problem is I donít know what other model vehicles I can get the diff centre from or what ratio I need. So far a have been told it is either a 3.9 or a 4.1 but need more clarification than that.

To help out my vin number is: jteby29j400030672

thanks
    Marko

It'll be 4.1:1. All the 1KZ 120s have that ratio. You'll have to find another KZJ120 for a donor as all the other models are different ratio. Some use the same centre ie 3.91:1 and up use the same centre as the 4.1s I believe, but obviously the crownwheel and pinion would be different. Problem with finding a 4.1 from a KZJ120 is the Hilux guys have pushed the price up at the wreckers as they want them - to bring the gearing down for fitting larger tyres.
    Last edited by adrian5800; 08-06-2019, 10:40 AM.
    Silver '04 KZJ120~Manual~GXL~Dobinson/Kings lift~Custom valved Ironmans~Detroit Locker~Endless Air~X9 Superwinch~Madman EMS1~TJM Dual Battery~Rhino Roof Tray~120W solar panel~Foxwing awning~Bushskinz UVP~Long Ranger water tank~Bushman fridge~Steinbauer P-Box~Beaudesert 2 3/4"~Airtec Snorkel~TJM Sliders~Prico Boost Gauge~BFG-KO2s~TPMS~GME TX3420~Front and Rear Cameras~Ultimate Camper hanging off the back!

Comment

Working...
    X