Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting GPS Tracker on J120

Hello everyone!
    This is probably my first post after 'reading along' for many years with great pleasure and getting lots of tips and suggestions.
    I bought a GPS/GSM tracker that is also capable of cutting the power to the engine by command of SMS. Manual can be found here: http://doc.diytrade.com/docdvr/82833...1380440921.pdf

I have started building it in and it works so far, but before I am cutting any important wires (to immobilize my 1TZ-KE), I am asking you guys for advice. Which wire(s) should be cut to immobilize the car? e.g. should I use one of the power cables to the ignition switch?

Thanks in advance for your input!
    Cheers from Tunisia,
    Ulrich
    Last edited by ulrichm; 25-01-2014, 01:35 AM.

Looking at it, it senses all modes of ignition so cutting a main power to the switch will then upset your inputs to the gsm tracker. Whether it likes this happening is the question.. ( I suspect not).

I would look at cutting a fuel pump off or ignition circuit @ the engine or the glow plug feed in a diesel. There is a number of ways to do it.
    Make sure the relay used is substantial enough for the draw of any circuit you are cutting.

Comment

Thanks Piggy for your fast reaction!
      The tracker is connected to permanent power and would (IMHO) be affected by a cut of ignition. I have gone through the electrical diagrams (900 page doc) but could not really make out a good wire to the fuel pump that I could use.
      The relay is rated at 40A which should be strong enough for most cuts.

Comment

Along with permanent power it also has connections to "ACC" "On" " crank".
        So cutting the ignition switch feed would kill at least one of these. What happens then is the question.

Comment

Yes, it has feed from 'ON' to power it self but 'ACC' and the others are pure for detection of state and reporting in case of alarm!

Comment

Working...
          X